New Aussie member

Options
drad81
drad81 Posts: 28 Member
Hi All,

I'm a 29yo male and about 5 foot 8 tall from Sydney Australia

I've always been 'big boned' and embarressed of going to the beach/pools in my swimmer so I've decided to do something about it.

Just after Christmas I weighed myself and tipped the scales at 225pounds (the heaviest I've ever been).

I felt heavy and generally unwell. The turning point for me was catching a glimpse of my side profile in a mirror at home with my top off. To add to this my BMI was 32. I don't consider myself as being obese as I'm have a big build but never-the-less, I'm determined to reduce this number

Since the christmas period I've managed to get my fitness back on track and am cycling approx 32 miles a week.

I only started using MFP 2 weeks ago and have already gone from 225 (102kg) to 213 (97kg) . My goal weight is 187 (85kg) and eventually would like to fo down to 176 (80kg) and never go beyond 187 again.

My motto in life is "You only have one life so you should do what you can to to enjoy it".

Looking forward to hearing your success stories and eventually contributing with my own.

Replies

• sseus
    sseus Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome fellow Aussie. I too am new, I'm finding MFP very useful and effective.
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wecome, I am kinda new too. I joined a couple months ago but didn't do much with it. I am now ready to start up again. I lost 40lbs last year so This year I have 40 to go. My best friend just moved back to the us from Austrailia. Good luck Michelle
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    Welcome! I was really upset when I saw that I too have reached my heaviest and felt like crap all the time. Since I've joined this site I have been to the gym everyday and been really good with eating smaller and healthier meals. I think it's all the wonderful support that we have on here. Congrats on the huge loss you've already had! :bigsmile:
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow Aussie! Good job on the weight loss :) You'll lose more, don't worry.
  • drad81
    drad81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement.

Well, my work shirts are not feeling as tight and uncomfortable as they were before and I don't have to worry about the last two buttons shooting off across the room exposing my belly.
    I only wish I'd taken my measurements when I was 102kgs so I have something to compare my current size to.

I'm really looking forward to the day I step on the scales and I see a leading 8!
  • Spunndaze
    Spunndaze Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OI ! Good onya! I am in a similar state.. Im trying to loose two stone.. im tired of my man boobs!