In it to lose 30

Options
Hi guys,

So I've been using My Fitness Pal for the past month and all I can say is the iPhone + web integration is great. Having the ability to always stay connected to your food diary, goals, and friends definitely is helping me keep everything in check-- as a result I've already lost 10 pounds!

My weight has always fluctuated greatly. I'm 5'11" and at my lowest I weigh 160 and at my heaviest I've been up to 210. I love triathlons and depending on how motivated and how much training I'm doing directly reflects my weight. I guess from the lack of working out my weight has slowly crept up to where it is now. I didn't actually realized how heavy I was until a coworker during lunch one day was like, "How much do you weigh-- 200?" I brushed it off thinking I was well below that. Since the last time I checked my weight I was 179 in August 2010.

Well, I finally got motivated to go to gym and low and behold I was at 200. Instant reality check! Since then a friend (ispycandy) recommended this app for the iPhone and I started logging my diet. In the past, I was able to eyeball my calories, but recording everything definitely helps me keep on point and the community aspect is equally great.

I only hope to be able to keep it up and get down to my "normal" weight of 170. Looking forward to hearing everyone's success stories. Good luck. :)

Replies

• chris808
    Options
    Hi s_ton, yours is the 5th or so post I've read where someone has said that being able to see the calories going down really helps. It seems to be true and the community part of the site is like belonging to a huge virtual club and has a very friendly, chilled out feel to it. Good luck with your target and please keep posting on how you're getting on.