• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Is this just another fad?

Clearly
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I have just read a little about shakeology. I would like to hear from people who does it or have tried it. What are the pros and cons? Is this just another fad? I'm curious. I may be interested in trying.

as i understand it, the basic premise of Shakeology and its salesbots is "you" (i.e., all people) are a moron that cannot be trusted to eat real foods in the required amounts and variety to have a healthy and nutritious diet. as such, "you" should replace your meals made of real food, with this proprietary powdered drink of their manufacture, which is then claimed to contain several miracle ingredients (whose identity will never be disclosed to "you", but just trust them... they're in there) which make their powdered drink far superior to anything you could fix for yourself just going to the grocery store and buying real food. for this miracle product, they will happily take as much money from you as they can. in the process, you will never learn how to eat a normal, varied diet of real food. as a result, if you lose weight on the Shakeology product (due to a caloric deficit), you will have to continue to buy and drink these products for the rest of your life, or risk re-gaining the weight when you go back to eating meals made of real foods instead of meal replacement shakes.

i think that's basically it, at least as i understand it.
  • sugarfree123
    sugarfree123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am not a coach. I drink Shakeology 3 or 4 days a week. I tried greenberry. good with almond milk and half a banana. I add a dash of almond extract also. I also like the chocolate and recently have been buying the strawberry vegan and the vegan chocolate. I also add half a banana and a dash of almond extract. Since I only drink it a few days a week, a jug lasts for a couple of months. I drink it to get great nutrition for the least amount of calories. It does keep me full longer and helps with regularity. I do not crave sweets anymore. I tried other products off the shelf from stores but the taste was nasty. I used to workout with Beach body dvd's but recently have switched to Cathe workouts. So I am not a huge beach body fan but will continue to buy Shakeology. And by the way, all of my meals consist of whole nutritious foods with lots of color. I eat zero fast food and processed crap. I just top off my nutrition with the shakeology.
    sheila
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    It's a meal replacement. There are tons of them out there. Each company will tell you that theirs is the best - because they want your money.

Do I think it's worth it to spend a lot of money on meal replacement shakes? No. But if you do, have at it, I suppose. You don't need it and it's not magic - you can achieve the same results through eating food.

Aww crud! Got sucked into a zombie thread that was reincarnated so someone could sell stuff. I'm slipping.....:noway:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I have just read a little about shakeology. I would like to hear from people who does it or have tried it. What are the pros and cons? Is this just another fad? I'm curious. I may be interested in trying.

as i understand it, the basic premise of Shakeology and its salesbots is "you" (i.e., all people) are a moron that cannot be trusted to eat real foods in the required amounts and variety to have a healthy and nutritious diet. as such, "you" should replace your meals made of real food, with this proprietary powdered drink of their manufacture, which is then claimed to contain several miracle ingredients (whose identity will never be disclosed to "you", but just trust them... they're in there) which make their powdered drink far superior to anything you could fix for yourself just going to the grocery store and buying real food. for this miracle product, they will happily take as much money from you as they can. in the process, you will never learn how to eat a normal, varied diet of real food. as a result, if you lose weight on the Shakeology product (due to a caloric deficit), you will have to continue to buy and drink these products for the rest of your life, or risk re-gaining the weight when you go back to eating meals made of real foods instead of meal replacement shakes.

i think that's basically it, at least as i understand it.

*applauds* This about sums it up.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    For the price it's not worth it.

A cleanse as well is not needed as your body cleanses itself. The shakeology cleanse is just another way for BB to make money from people.

Shakeology is not worth it... you can make your own shakes for much cheaper.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It's about wasting lots of money and getting spammed on MFP. It's an overpriced meal replacement shake. Some people like drinking their calories and like spending lots of money so if they don't do it, they feel guilty. They guilt themselves into eating less. If you want that, go for it.

But try and get a straight answer about the exact amounts of the "awesome, healthy vitamins and minerals and unicorn pee" in it and they backtrack and avoid the question.

Waste of money.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Im a BB coach also. No spam here! Been drinking shakeolgy once a day, and I see a noticable difference in my sugar cravings. I have lost 5 lbs in about 2 weeks replacing one meal a day with the shakeology, and thats without working out (I do workout regularly, but work has been too busy these last couple weeks). Im excited to see my results over the next 2 weeks WITH my regular workouts. Good luck in your decision! I cut out coffe stands to account for the cost. Its more than worth it!

You also seem to be an expert at reincarnation . . . this thread was over 2 years old when you bump-ity spamed it!
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    I always liked Walker's Diet Meal replacements over shakeology, it's cheaper and a great meal replacement.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Im a BB coach also. No spam here! Been drinking shakeolgy once a day, and I see a noticable difference in my sugar cravings. I have lost 5 lbs in about 2 weeks replacing one meal a day with the shakeology, and thats without working out (I do workout regularly, but work has been too busy these last couple weeks). Im excited to see my results over the next 2 weeks WITH my regular workouts. Good luck in your decision! I cut out coffe stands to account for the cost. Its more than worth it!

You also seem to be an expert at reincarnation . . . this thread was over 2 years old when you bump-ity spamed it!

d'oh! zombie thread... back from the dead.

neeeeeeeeeed moarrrrrrrrrrrrrr braaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinssssssssssss!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

d'oh! zombie thread... back from the dead.

neeeeeeeeeed moarrrrrrrrrrrrrr wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeettttttttttttssssssssss!

There, thought it needed a little tweek.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Yep. Predators seeking prey.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    "unicorn pee" in it.

I WANT!!!!!!!

But suspect you can't get it in the UK due to European Union food labelling rules on unicorn pee. Will have to make do with protein-packed horse burgers instead I guess.
  • MsCarla44
    Options
    I'm not a coach, I just started using Shakeology 3 weeks ago and have seen some amazing changes in my health. I was very skeptical, I also am doing the Beachbody program Slim in 6. I'm on the monthly delivery of the Shakeoloy and don't plan to go without it. I really like it. Hope this helps.
  • MeGz525
    MeGz525 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've done the cleanse....and love it! I do one about every four months.

A little interesting thing happened last week. I took my 16 year old daughter to the doc, as she has been complaining of stomach pains. Ends up, she has acid reflux. We got on the subject of her diet...she eats "garbage". You'd think she'd take after me and eat "clean"..but I guess that's a teen for you.

Anyways, I have been drinking shakelogy about two years now and wondered if it's something my daughter could drink. I showed a packet (chocolate) to the Dr. He was VERY impressed with the ingredients and said that would be excellent if I could get my daughter to incorporate in her diet. I just thought that was so cool, getting such positive feedback from a doctor about a highly questionable product by so many skeptics! I hate how expensive it is, but the benefits are sooooo worth it!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    oh shut up already.
    mfp has a search topic option. find it, use it.
  • tigger880
    tigger880 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do shakeology everyday AND I've done the shakeology cleanse and LOVE IT!!! :happy:
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I'm not a coach...and I dont cleanse.....except in the bathroom. I eat right and exercise and have lost 95 pounds in 13 months.

I am magic.
  • cocohanold
    Options
    people are so funny on here. I am not a fan of the Beach Body workouts but I truly believe in Shakeology. I tried multiple meal replacement shakes and this is the only one to help with energy, cravings, and mood. I crave their chocolate flavor. It seriously tastes like a chocolate brownie. Delicious with half a banana, almond milk, and PB2. Before you knock it, you should try it. I stopped purchasing it after the first month due to price and switched over to another meal replacement and I couldn't believe the difference I felt. I decided it is worth the price and purchased it again!! I will continue to buy it.
  • coachjessicashackles
    Options
    I tried the Shakeology cleanse and I lost 4.3lbs on it. Normally you just do it for 3 day and no it's not just a fad. During the cleanse you can still workout so unlike others you don't lose muscle mass. You don't just juice during the cleanse so you aren't starving by the end of it and making up for what you didn't eat.