a fresh start

farrahmelanie
farrahmelanie Posts: 42
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
hi...
i've never done this kind of thing before. i had a two babies the last 20 months, put on nearly 100 pounds. my youngest is now 9 months old. i've lost exactly 50 pounds, but i'm desperately trying to lose the next 45. i haven't budged on the scale in the last month. :ohwell: in fact 'm all frustrated because i started to work out seriously to the firm tapes and i put on 6 pounds. it's the most depressing thing ever. my self esteem is in the basement. i want to be as fit as i used to be but nothing is working. i'm hoping you guys can give me the encouragement to keep going as well as someone to answer to. :smile:
i'm going to try this, hopefully i will see the results i'm striving for. has anyone else had good results through this?

Replies

• hi...
    i've never done this kind of thing before. i had a two babies the last 20 months, put on nearly 100 pounds. my youngest is now 9 months old. i've lost exactly 50 pounds, but i'm desperately trying to lose the next 45. i haven't budged on the scale in the last month. :ohwell: in fact 'm all frustrated because i started to work out seriously to the firm tapes and i put on 6 pounds. it's the most depressing thing ever. my self esteem is in the basement. i want to be as fit as i used to be but nothing is working. i'm hoping you guys can give me the encouragement to keep going as well as someone to answer to. :smile:
    i'm going to try this, hopefully i will see the results i'm striving for. has anyone else had good results through this?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    welcome:flowerforyou: and congratulations on the new babies and the first 50 lbs lost! here's to losing the next 45 :drinker:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    First and foremost congratulations:flowerforyou: on the babies and the weight loss so far. There are many factors that matter when it comes to weight loss. I will post a couple articles that might be of interest to you. Since I don't know exactly what you are doing to loose the weight it is hard to determand what it is that would help you. the weight you gained probably is lean muscle mass from exercising and will help you later on, burn more of the fat and might be just temporary.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
    I hope that helps if you have more questions don't hesitate to ask, we are here to help and support each other. To loosing:drinker:
  • thanks so much for the info. it's so helpfull. congrats on the 9 pounds.hopefully i can be there too soon. thanks : )
  • wow i see you lost 19 pounds thats amazing!!!!!:flowerforyou: can you tell me how you did it?
    :bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I did it SO easily! You will see others on here that have lost upwards of 80 lbs! it's amazing. We are all HUGE fans of myfitnesspal, follow this website's guidelines and the weight WILL come off :flowerforyou: Also, read the posts linked above, they answer so many great questions that you will have!
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Welcome and good luck. This is a great resource and fun too!
    You will get loads of support, helpful ideas and recipes.

~Kell :bigsmile:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    You will be amazed when you read all the success stories on here. We are definitely MFP -- Motivated Fitness Pals. Don't forget to read Mike's (he made the site) Blog at the top, which will help you navigate the site.
  • i love you guys. it's great to have people behind you.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    i love you guys. it's great to have people behind you.

and in front, and on all sides............... truly, you may get sick of us :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.