At home Exercises??????????????????????????????

Options
HEllo Im new to this and i need somehelp. Does anyone know some at home exercises that I could use as Cardio, Strength, Butt etc? Help

Replies

• tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    Right now I'm doing the 30 day Shred with Jillian Michaels. It is a really great work out and its only 20 minutes!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I would check with your local library and check out some work out videos that you could do at home.
  • sandeeface518
    sandeeface518 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    squats...tricep dips on a sturdy chair...push ups....jump rope is amazing for cardio
  • s_hamm_08
    s_hamm_08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    try http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/ they have free videos to do.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I have Comcast and in they have exerciseTV workouts for free onDemand. I like doing those because you can try something without having to buy it.
  • Ddavis1967
    Ddavis1967 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend the Leslie Sansone "Walk Away the Pounds" workouts. They are a walk in place series.....no treadmill required! They are great for any fitness level. Good Luck!:happy:
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Squats are awesome because you are basically lifting your body weight, jumping jacks are great cardio, squat jacks etc.....There are alot of stuff you can do at home with no additional exercise equipment at all. You also have the internet which has a wealth of info and great exercise tips on as well. I have a Wii and perfer to workout at home using Your Shape for the Wii and I do alot of lunges, squats, jumping jacks etc... Good luck to you!!!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I have a step that I got for cheap over the holidays - I put on Glee and step the episode away!
  • beth_is_ready
    Options
    I have the Turbo Jam DVDs and LOVE them. I've had them for a few years and never get tired of them. I have the set that came with the Cardio Party, 20 minute workout, Ab Jam, Beginner Moves and Body Sculpting. I use them when I can't get to the gym.
  • mikezlyrics
    Options
    Well I run on the treadmill and use taebo!!!!!! Also bought one of those sweat suits that feel like 100 degrees but adds to my work out.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and I love it!!! I also love P90X. That one is awesome if you have the time to do over an hour a day.
  • grizzlymaze
    grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you want to spend. I am currently doing the P90X program. It's tough but I love it!! I used my Wii also with some programs and that was fun. Do you have fit tv on your cable tv? If so, I would check out bodies in motion with Gilad. He's great and all you need in room to move and a set of dumbbells.

Good luck.
  • christinabgsu
    Options
    I agree about Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds, especially if you are just starting out. It doesn't take a lot of space, and she really stresses to adapt it to your comfort level. It is meant to be used with a belt thing, but I did it for months without one. Eventually got one as part of a kit with some of her other videos.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    exercisetv is great.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I do Wii fit, but, honestly, I am bored with it. Pretty much the only thing I do on it is the hula hoop and the runs. I have netflix, and there are several exercise videos on there that I have been doing. I love the Crunch: Dance Party, and I haven't found a Pilates video yet that I *don't* like. As others have suggested, jumping jacks, jumping rope, squats, crunches, etc.

I don't belong to a gym, although I go to a dance studio twice a week for Zumba, the other 5 days, I work out for 60 mins + at home.