Who else likes to read?

CreativeRedhead
CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
So I was bored and couldn't sleep last night. I'd been looking for some site to maybe do a virtual bookshelf for awhile now and finally came across a pretty neat one last night. It's called Shelfari. Maybe some of you have used it before? I love it so far. You can do shelves of the books you are currently reading, want to read in the future, and things you've already read. You can write your own reviews of the books too. Anyways I just wanted to share mine with you all and see if anyone else uses this site or is interested. I need some book buddies too. :wink:

Mine is at the following if you wanna have a peek : http://www.shelfari.com/reannadee/shelf

Friend me if you like. :smile:

Replies

• outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    I read a lot, across all genres. I read mainly on my iPad and iPhone. I use Stanza and box.net to up/download my books.
  • Oh, wow! Thank you for this! I love to read and just never imagined they had a site like this online (I don't know why....they have everything else online! lol) This is awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Thanks! Bumping for later.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Sounds like a really neat sight, and I love to read! Thanks for posting!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Thanks! I'm going to check it out! Im on GoodReads.com but I haven't been very happy with them.
  • Cortx
    Cortx Posts: 103 Member
    .\i
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Way cool! I love to read and write, and I have pieces of paper all over with lists of books I have read or want to read. Thanks for the link!
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    I love to read (imagine that, I'm an English teacher), but I just haven't caught on to e-books yet. Might have to look into it if I ever get like an i-pad or something.

Thanks for sharing.
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Really Cool website!!! Thanks for sharing!!

I love reading and this year I want to read more...and go beyond what I usually read!

On your list I saw Karen Kingsbury "A Time to Dance"...she is an amazing author...my favorite!!
  • I love to read (imagine that, I'm an English teacher), but I just haven't caught on to e-books yet. Might have to look into it if I ever get like an i-pad or something.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh it's not just for ebooks. You can search and post any book that you've read...real or electronic. :tongue: I don't have an ipad or kindle either...yet.

You all are welcome for the link.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Okay...a few of my faves...
    betterworldbooks.com one of the best sites to get used books
    goodreads.com is my site for keeping up with my novels.
    I'm a self proclaimed book *kitten*. I have at least 2 novels going at a time. My home library has over 700 novels...that does not include poetry, plays, or biographies.
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Cool! Gonna have to check it out.

My favorite book site is http://www.paperbackswap.com/
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Love to read. love to write even more.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    That's awesome! I love reading!
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    I really like reading. I do it in spurts though. Righ now I am reading the first Dexter book. It's blowing me away how much the show is like it so far. I am really liking it. I read on my Iphone, really it's to handy not to. I always have my "book" with me... as well as my Netflix! No more being bored when I am away from home just because I forgot my book! I really want an Ipad!
  • Cool! Gonna have to check it out.

My favorite book site is http://www.paperbackswap.com/

Oh yeah I love PBS too. I'm so glad another friend turned me onto that site. Which reminds me...I've got to mail out a book tomorrow!
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    BUmp for later
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I :heart: books!
    I never tried any of those websites though.
    I just pick up paperbacks for a dollar from a huge flea market down the road, read them, then stick them in a box (my shelves are all full) :frown:

I was talking with some friends yesterday about how I would LOVE to have a huge "library" room, with floor to ceiling built in bookcases, and one of those sliding ladders that goes around the room, and a fireplace and a comfy chair with pillows and blankets....and a butler to bring me tea...ok, that might be going too far...:tongue: But I'm serious about the ROOM! :love:
  • I do Goodreads, sounds like a similar set up. Those sites are really great for getting good recommendations, I definately read more as a result of using Goodreads. It's interesting to read other peoples reviews of books too, how different people can get something completely different from a book, and how seriously they take their book reviews - when it comes to music, art, literature and cinema I'm a simple sort, I either like it or not, I never over analyse! LOL
  • I love to read (imagine that, I'm an English teacher), but I just haven't caught on to e-books yet. Might have to look into it if I ever get like an i-pad or something.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm not into ebooks either. I like a book, you can pick it up, thumb through the pages, smell it (yes, smell it!), read the first couple of pages to see if you like it, you can take it in the bath and not have to worry too much cos you probably only spent £5 -10 on it and when you're done you can pass it on to a friend, who will hopefully read it and be introduced to a new author. You just can't do that with eBooks, so I'm going to keep kicking it old school with my pulp fiction :happy:
This discussion has been closed.