Are the sugar goals unrealistic?

gummo
gummo Posts: 20 Member
I've been here for two weeks now and I haven't been at or below my sugar goal once. If I eat an apple and drink a can of V8, I'm done for the day. Does anyone else have this problem or should I just not worry about it?

Replies

• gummo
    I've been here for two weeks now and I haven't been at or below my sugar goal once. If I eat an apple and drink a can of V8, I'm done for the day. Does anyone else have this problem or should I just not worry about it?
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    :bigsmile: I look at my protein calories fiber and fat.. thats it... I dont add salt to anything, i dont add sugar to any thing so I wouldn't worry because it seems as its all natural so its ok....
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Not all sugars are created equally. Table sugar is not the only type, and they will all affect your blood sugar differently. You should limit simple sugars like the table sugar that's found in sweets, use fruit sugars in moderation, and don't worry much at all about the sugars found in dairy. If your V8 has sugar added, chances are it's either corn syrup or sucrose (table sugar), so it's better to get those vitamins and minerals from fruits and veggies, but you can still drink juice in moderation.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Don't stress about sugar that comes from fruit. Only focus on white sugar, soda, sugar in processed foods, etc.

I have two pears, and I'm over my goal. I don't worry at all.
  • gummo
    Thanks for the input. :)