Aching Burning leg muscles

whatupskinnyjeans
whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
My legs calves and thighs are still burning from the 2.5 miles I walked today. Is this normal and is there anything I can do to prevent the burn or ease it? Thanks

Replies

• msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    At this point a hot shower or bath will do wonders. No matter how sore you are tomorrow DO IT AGAIN. Using those muscles again will warm them up and make the ache less painful and tomorrow, stretch when you're done. Stretching makes a world of difference. Good Job today! Don't stop- just keep it up it gets easier and easier. :flowerforyou:
  • At this point a hot shower or bath will do wonders. No matter how sore you are tomorrow DO IT AGAIN. Using those muscles again will warm them up and make the ache less painful and tomorrow, stretch when you're done. Stretching makes a world of difference. Good Job today! Don't stop- just keep it up it gets easier and easier. :flowerforyou:
    Yup keep moving!

Stay hydrated and have a banana :)
    Enjoy a bath, definitely!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    I agree with all of the above advice, but I wanted to throw in that if it is truly unbearable, take some Advil / Motrin!
  • I agree with all of the above advice, but I wanted to throw in that if it is truly unbearable, take some Advil / Motrin!

Great point.... On BIG circuit days where I can tell that I WILL be sore the next day, I take an aleve when I go to bed. It's amazing how much it helps.
  • For me the soreness is the sign that I did my workout right. stretch alot maybe even before you work out do a little 5-10 warm-up and then do a pre-workout stretch just to get blood flowing and always stretch after the actual workout. Dont forget to drink plenty of water and definitly a pain reliever, if it still seems bad. And don't over do it, if you are extremly sore maybe you should simply take the workout down a notch=) Hope you get to feeling better=)
This discussion has been closed.