Spinning help

addman72
addman72 Posts: 220
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have a spin bike which I like to call the punisher. For this reason it hasnt got much use.

I feel Im getting a little fitter therefore i think I could get back on it ( I just completed 30min ride )

But I dont know how to use the bike to get the best results from it.

So if there are anybody that do spinning classes , what routines do you do there?

Replies

• nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    don't spend the whole time seated, do some "hills" by increasing tension and try to remain seated through those, then loosen it up and try some fast flat but try to keep your butt off the seat, keep your tummy tight, and always try to keep your rpms around 80, or whatever keeps your heartrate in the goal zone. Spinning is hard, and your bike is aptly named.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    also, see who the manufacturer is and go to their web site and see if you can't find some better instructions/routines from there.
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Thankyou
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    I do interval training, I used to do 1 minute hard then 2 minutes easy for 30 to 50 minutes now I do 1 minute hard 1 minute easy, for the hard I turn it up a few gears and go flat out, I like intervals as you can make it up any way there are no rules and time goes quick. Goodluck:smile:
This discussion has been closed.