Hello everyone!

Options
My name's Shirik, I'm 25 and looking to start this New Year by kicking all my old habits and trying to slim down a bit!

I'm doing this mostly to try and be healthier - most people in my family have type 2 diabetes due to being overweight and I'm on the borderline for it as well so I want to sort myself out!

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all, sharing support and sharing recipes!

Replies

• SteeleMagnolia
    Options
    Hello Shirik! Congrats on making the decision to be healthier. Follow the guidelines and come back every day and you'll do great. And make lots of friends, they will help you stay focused.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Hey there! Welcome and congrats on joining MFP. This is a great site that is helping me a lot. I will send you a friend request so we can support each other when times get tough.
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Shirik, you can't help but stay motivated on this site. Everyone is very helpful, there are lots of ideas and forums that you can take part in. The support here is wonderful. Congratulations are taking this step to a healthier you.

Take care

Carrie:wink:
  • SARAHWALKER25
    Options
    Good luck. I am new to this also. I currently weight 179.5 I am enrolled in a weight loss contest at work and plan to WIN!!!! My goal is 160 by april 29th (the fina weigh in) Not only am i doing this to win a competition but to get healthier and feel better!!
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the lovely welcomes and friend requests guys :D Feel like I'm really going to enjoy my time here!
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    Welcome!