New with a purpose

Options
I imagine I have lost the same 30 pounds a 100 times now, does that make it 3000 pounds total? However in the last few months some things changed in my life and I don't think I will ever be the same.

I grew up in Southeastern KY and I go home once a year. Last September while I was home my mom got ill. Evidentially she bounced back but she still wasnt a 100%. In October I was in the Cardiac Care unit at our local hospital. They thought I had a blockage in my Aorta.

On December 11th my mom was admitted back to the hospital with a blockage that they were going to give meds and disolve. A week into her stay her condition got worse. I left Minnesota for my second trip home on December 19th. When I got home there was no hope for my mom. She was dying of cardiovascular disease. Death by cardiovascular disease is painful and horrible to watch. On December 31 my mom left this world and pain behind.

I am 47 years old and I have had high blood presure since I was 30 years old. I have always had issues with my potasium levels that tends to be aggervated by medication. I am 5'5" tall and for the last 8 years my weight has went from 170 pounds to 130 pounds. My waredrobe contains clothes from size 6 to size 12. When I loose weight it iss almost always by drastic actions, never actions that I can live with.

I don't ever want my children to see me die the way I watched my mom die. I don't want that for me. I started exercising 2 weeks ago. I get up at 5 A.M. and workout to Leslie Sanborne. I am starting to look at foods and what is a good mixture for me. I want to loose the 30 pounds, but mostly I want to find a way to live healthy. A lifestyle that fits my needs.

I found this site when I was seraching for how much nutrients I need for my daily routine. I am absolutely blown away at how great this site is. Absolutely amazing.

Replies

• UrbanLegend
    UrbanLegend Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The posts on here are often heartfelt and very sincere, yours is one of those posts. God bless you and your decision to take control of your health. i wish the greatest success. You are right it will be a lifestyle change, the way you look at food will change and you have to find the best possible sources for nutrition for yourself. Take care and KICK BUTT.. :)
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Hi Millie! Welcome to MFP! This is a great sight with loads of support. I will send you a friend request so we can support each other when times get tough.