Newbie from UK

Options
Hi everybody,

I'm new to the site, but not to dieting unfortunately. Very impressed with this site and the iphone app. Hope it will give me some added motivation!

Live in Wakefield, Yorkshire and need to loses about 3 stone - eek!

Replies

• ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Wenders. I started here about six weeks ago and love it. I will send you a friend request so we can support each other when times get rough.
  • laurenward1990
    laurenward1990 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm from Yorkshire too!
    Welcome to MFP. Good luck! xx
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    That would be great - thanks :smile:
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in sunny Sheffield so not too far from you!

Good luck
    Simone
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,

I'm new to the site, but not to dieting unfortunately. Very impressed with this site and the iphone app. Hope it will give me some added motivation!

Live in Wakefield, Yorkshire and need to loses about 3 stone - eek!

Hi there,

I'm in Glasgow and need to lose about the same amount as you. Been using the site since last July and have lost 17lbs so far (had lost more but some went back on over Xmas). I'll send you a friend request.

Cheers
    C
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    Hi!

I live in Newcastle upon Tyne, North East. Have a total of 3 stone to lose but just reached my midway point recently, have been using the site since August so it's coming off slowly but heard thats the best way to lose and means greater chances of being able to maintain at my goal weight if lost slowly.... not sure how true that is though!!

It can be done and I wish you well on your journey. The combination of the app, website and MFP members makes for a great helping hand!

If you want a friend for support feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ok - thanks! My husband is originally from Adrossan which is near to Glasgow I think ......
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Devonshire lass here :D Nice to see a few more Brits showing their faces!!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:

I live in Mirfield so I'm only a few miles away from sunny wakefield!, good luck, you will find lots of support and online friends on here.

Ben.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm from Milton Keynes. A little way off. Welcome to the site.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello from sunny Leeds :)
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome

Paul (Coventry - Sky Blue Army)
  • bunnymad
    bunnymad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I live near Birmingham and have been using MFP for quite a while but no idea that there were lots of us Brits on here!! Mainly use the iPhone app but do log online occassionally so some buddies for motivation would be great :)
    Good luck with your weight loss goals!
  • sheilam
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm not new to this site but new to posting on it's forum. Feeling a bit lost right now, but I'm sure I'll find my way around.
    I actually came across these posts while I was looking for a way to ask if any one knows why I can't sync my iphone to the web .... it's always done it before, but has just stopped.

Anyhow, while I'm here, i may as well introduce myself. My name is Sheila, I live in West Sussex, I'll be 60 this year, and my goal is to be fit and healthy. I'd like to lose around 7 lbs. I'm taking part in this years London Marathon......and the most I've ever run before was for a bus!!
    I'm looking forward to gettring to know others here.

Sheila
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm not new to this site but new to posting on it's forum. Feeling a bit lost right now, but I'm sure I'll find my way around.
    I actually came across these posts while I was looking for a way to ask if any one knows why I can't sync my iphone to the web .... it's always done it before, but has just stopped.

Anyhow, while I'm here, i may as well introduce myself. My name is Sheila, I live in West Sussex, I'll be 60 this year, and my goal is to be fit and healthy. I'd like to lose around 7 lbs. I'm taking part in this years London Marathon......and the most I've ever run before was for a bus!!
    I'm looking forward to gettring to know others here.

Sheila

Wow, you're doing the marathon? That's amazing. I am planning on doing Race For Life in July, it's only 5k but it's a start.
    I'm from Derbyshire.
  • DreamingOfSize10_UK
    Options
    Hi there,

I joined the site last Friday and it's been an absolute god send. I'm in Lytham St Annes, originally come from Bury, North Manchester,

Hope to see you around.
    Louise
    x
  • sheilam
    Options
    Hi Laura...yep, I must be mad, but it's one of things I've always fancied having a go at. I'm hoping all the exercise will help me shed a few more pounds.
    Good luck with your 'run for life....!'!
  • philreeduk
    philreeduk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello from Oxford!!

I am pretty new here myself loving this site though! Feel free to add me!

To the people doing the 5k runs have you heard of couch to 5k? i want to get back into running and wanted any feedback on this method!

Phil
  • princess_f
    Options
    welcome :)
  • LadyTottingham
    LadyTottingham Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello from Derbyshire
    i'm loving this site ,it's so supportive ,joined last year,but couldn't get into,but this time around i'm much more confident x