Dating a chef is hard...

Options
My boyfriend is a total love, but he's making my life sooo difficult lately! Pork chops wrapped in prosciutto with gruyere cheese and fresh banana loaf... Ontop of it, his grandma's German dinners put me in a food coma most of the night. All I have for breakfast are fruit snacks just so I don't feel terrible about eating his dinners, but dinner is at 8 at night! I don't want to be rude to him, since his cooking really -is- healthy (all fresh ingredients and only olive oil used). Walked 3 miles today, and jogged 1 yesterday, and I feel so great but now I'm worried that I'll never be able to keep up with his food without exercising myself to death.
Wish me luck x_x

Replies

• Nananiemand
    Nananiemand Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is a total love, but he's making my life sooo difficult lately! Pork chops wrapped in prosciutto with gruyere cheese and fresh banana loaf... Ontop of it, his grandma's German dinners put me in a food coma most of the night. All I have for breakfast are fruit snacks just so I don't feel terrible about eating his dinners, but dinner is at 8 at night! I don't want to be rude to him, since his cooking really -is- healthy (all fresh ingredients and only olive oil used). Walked 3 miles today, and jogged 1 yesterday, and I feel so great but now I'm worried that I'll never be able to keep up with his food without exercising myself to death.
    Wish me luck x_x
  • MsLadybug
    MsLadybug Posts: 55
    Options
    Well, the exercising is definately good. The food sounds really yummy but eating all your calories in one meal is probably not so good. Have you explained that you are trying to lose a bit of weight? He might enjoy getting creative and making some lighter meals. You could also have a big salad before hand and eat half a serve of his yummy food.
  • Nananiemand
    Nananiemand Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeah... the whole binging at night is terrible, probably why I bounced 20 pounds in the last two years. (Denny's with friends, quitting smoking, general college stress.)
    I've explained it to him, but this time I'm really going to make a push. I'm determined to lose at least 15 pounds by my birthday at the end of July! Salad's actually a good idea, I'll keep that in mind :)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Be straight up with him about whats going on. Most chefs love to be challenged food-wise, because it lets them get even more creative. Heck, you could come up with some ideas and cook with him - make it a bonding experience.