Howdy

Options
Zomoniac
Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
Afternoon all. Thought I'd drop in and say hi, just registered today. I seem to be the only person on this board who measures things in metric, so you can consider me a novelty.

Replies

• mommyfirst77
    Options
    LOL Welcome aboard!
  • maude855
    maude855 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Metric? We are so behind here. I remember them teaching us the metric system in grammer school, saying it was the "wave of the future." Well, welcome to the future, and it's still feet, inches, pounds, cups and ounces! Good Luck!!
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Zomoniac
    Options
    Welcome! Metric? We are so behind here. I remember them teaching us the metric system in grammer school, saying it was the "wave of the future." Well, welcome to the future, and it's still feet, inches, pounds, cups and ounces! Good Luck!!

Here in the UK most things are measure in metric except roads (miles), beer (pints), football pitches (yards), human height (ft/in) and human weight (st/lb). It's all a bit of a mess. For example all car efficiency is measured in miles per gallon, except all fuel is sold in litres so nobody actually knows how much a gallon costs. But I find it easier working things out when everything's in multiples of 10, 100 or 1,000 instead of a completely random number (12 inches in a foot, 3 feet in a yard, 1,760 yards in a mile?!). Seems I'm the only one though! Even though we're officially a metric country I'm the only person I know who even knows their height and weight in metric, let alone uses it out of preference.
  • maude855
    maude855 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I guess however we measure our weight, the important thing is to get the number down! Have a great day (or evening, by now I would suppose?)
  • Zomoniac
    Options
    I guess however we measure our weight, the important thing is to get the number down! Have a great day (or evening, by now I would suppose?)

Not yet, it's about 4pm and I have 773 cals remaining :)