2»

Replies

• dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Celery
    Water
    Find something to distract you
    If you can, take a nap or go to bed. I purposely took a nap yesterday (Sunday afternoon) because I didn't want to fight the munchies. It was great.
  • sandylouwho
    Options
    I second the suggestion to drink herbal tea. I find that it works the best for me, especially at night. It takes a little bit of prep (in minutes, not effort!) and even longer to drink, so it just seems more satisfying than plain water or veggies.
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating 4 small meals (like snacks) during the day and then a reasonable dinner in the evening? That way, you are eating more often, but not eating too much.

As for healthy snack choices, here are a few of my favs...

7 Whole Wheat Ritz Crackers with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Cheese - it equals 133 calories and is rather filling!
    OR
    1 cup of non-fat vanilla yogurt with 1/4 cup frozen blueberries (or any fruit for that matter)... it's about 150 calories and super tasty! I find that I want that snack more than ice cream or anything!
    OR
    Rice Cakes
    OR
    pickles... I know that sounds strange but I eat Claussen pickle spears and 1 spear only has 5 calories and they are surprisingly filling. I usually eat 2.

I guess what I am trying to say is that snacks don't have to only consist of carrotts and celery sticks in order to stay healthy. And if you eat those kinds of foods for snacks, that's great, but you may not get full enough to not eat something else before your next meal!

I hope this helps!