Does anyone know a weight loss strategy???

Options
Hi, I am 23 years old and have been gaining on pounds and this is getting to me. The thing is that after several efforts of exercise and dieting, I don’t seem to get any slimmer! There are many ways to lose weight, but I have exhausted all the ways I know. I have consulted a few people but all of them have been telling me the same thing. It isn’t helping me and only making my fears worse.

Is there some way to make me feel better!!!

Replies

• Tiyaa
    Tiyaa Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I am 23 years old and have been gaining on pounds and this is getting to me. The thing is that after several efforts of exercise and dieting, I don’t seem to get any slimmer! There are many ways to lose weight, but I have exhausted all the ways I know. I have consulted a few people but all of them have been telling me the same thing. It isn’t helping me and only making my fears worse.

Is there some way to make me feel better!!!
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    You've come to the right place.....follow this program of calorie awareness and increased activity (calories in, calories out) and you will lose weight. Don't second-guess the plan....just follow it! Eat the calories you are allotted every day.

I lost 18 lbs in just over 2 months, and have now maintained that loss since late November 2007. :bigsmile:
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have just joined this site 2 weeks ago and i have lost 1 pound each week. This is a really steady way to lose and im not starving myself. I have been allocated 1510 calories a day and i stick to that religiously. Then when i do exercise i eat all the calories allocated for that exercise, apparently this really helps your body with the weight loss. So i wish you well and if you stick to what they tell you to do you should start losing that weight.

You can do it, we all can!!!!!

Pamela x

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Tiyaa, you've definitely come to the right place! I am EXACTLY the same as you, in that I've tried every diet and exercise plan out there, only to lose a couple and then gain it right back and then some!
    But this place was my life saver, and it will be YOURS too!! I've already lost 13 in only 6 weeks, something that I thought was totally impossible before finding this site!
    To be able to SEE every calorie, carb, protein, etc. has been a real eye opener. I discovered that I have a real problem with WAY too many proteins, and now that I see that, I've corrected it. Now, with lots of exercise (walking, dancing in my living room, mowing the lawn, etc.) and watching the proteins, I'm totally in control and steadily losing!
    I'm sure it'll be the same way for you!!!
  • Quicky
    Quicky Posts: 1
    Options
    You are not the only one having problems trying to lose weight, without any success. I know that it is very frustrating to try all sorts of things and still be in the same shape…..I too have faced that!!! Just a couple of weeks back I came across Weight Loss 2008 that not only made me glad I did (I finally got a product that does the real thing) but got the work started. It has been a great way for me because it doesn’t throw up obstacles but gets the job done.