To track or not to track, that is the ?.

Options
Ok so I have been weighing in and recording weight on Moday's w/ my hubby. Problem is, last night I ate late and I ate alot, which is now registering as a 2lb gain for today. I usually weigh throughout the week and was down 5lb, now reduced to 3. So do I record the 2 lb increase or wait til tomorrow, when i know I will be lighter and do it then? Feels like I am cheeating but then again I know I didn't really gain 2lbs. I was still under my minimum burn for the day I just ate too late. Thoughts?

Replies

• foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think you shouldn't worry so much about the numbers. You know that you normally eat wisely, don't let one day get you down. Weigh in, write it down and move on. Next week will be better :)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    your choice, but if it was me i would wait!, actually i would weigh , track sigh and move on, its a blimp
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    While I typically weigh myself every morning (just as a check-in, nothing to obsess over), I "officially" weigh and record once per week. That's just what works for me -- think about what works for you, keeps you honest, but isn't overly compulsive.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I do weigh in and record daily.....It shows all of the ups and downs, but then I try (stress the word "try") not to freak out with the ups. It will hold you accountable, and it'll probably go back down tomorrow!
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I tend to do the same as Sporty98... Track every day, but that's for my own research purposes. After watching that for a while, I do notice i'm up a pound or two on Mondays cause I don't drink nearly enough water over the weekends... But after flushing all that sodium out on Monday, Tuesday's weigh-in is much better (and probably more accurate). Also, weighing in on Fridays seems to be great since I've had the whole work week of being GOOD that looks good on the scale too!
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    i was gonna weigh in weekly , but after reading the scales after my first week of using MFP , i've decided against it , and i'll add a weight in once a month, i know i've been good as i've been under on my calories and i've exercised 6 out of 7 days , I gained 2lbs and i'm going to put that down to muscle weighing more than fat
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    You are probably retaining some water. Especially, if you had a high sodium meal. I would weigh yourself tomorrow and see what your number is.