Is this too naoughty too list .... . .

Options
Can you count being intimate with your partner as exercise and use this to burn some calories. They do say it burns a lot of calories.

Has anyone listed this in thier exercise ?

Paul :blushing:

Replies

• foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I would count it! Maybe you can use your heart rate monitor next time! HAHA! That would be awesome! :love:
  • LysLeslie
    Options
    I have actually heard that one session, depending who is doing all of the 'work', burns about 150 calories. So, why not? Lol!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    On an older site that I used in the past (My Food Diary) they had "sexual activity" listed as an exercise. You could even pick your level of exertion, moderate or vigorous.

Katie
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I do list it because it isn't in my normal routine :smooched:

I actually told my husband the other week that I log it in under the two cleaning options.

Sometimes it is "light moderate effort" and sometimes it is "heavy, vigorous effort" :laugh: :laugh:

He thinks it is hilarious!
  • mmelaniewalters
    Options
    i would log anything that makes me sweat and accelerates my heart for a prolonged period of time ... you do the maths :)
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    One word of advice - afterwards don't say "Well, that has to be a couple of hundred calories burnt!"

I had a hard time convincing my partner that it was a compliment!!

firefoxkensie - you shouldn't put ideas in my head!!

***looks on Amazon for heart rate monitors....***
  • kcalavas
    kcalavas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I list it as dancing :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have actually heard that one session, depending who is doing all of the 'work', burns about 150 calories. So, why not? Lol!

I just got a HRM for christmas...

150 calories is right :blushing: :wink:
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Some of these replies are making me laugh out loud. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    how long is a session!??? :blushing: :laugh:
  • angeemantell
    angeemantell Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not to be Devils advocate I def think u should add it, but heard Dr Oz on the radio this morning and he said most couples only burn 23 calories during "dancing" :) I was floored because I always heard it was a great cal burner.. Guess you have to make it longer or more often...ha!
  • oaraico
    oaraico Posts: 14
    Options
    i recently asked the same question but i guess i used a naughty word and it was deleted....oh well
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    One word of advice - afterwards don't say "Well, that has to be a couple of hundred calories burnt!"

I had a hard time convincing my partner that it was a compliment!!

firefoxkensie - you shouldn't put ideas in my head!!

***looks on Amazon for heart rate monitors....***
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    hahaha, thats great....love it!
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    how long is a session!??? :blushing: :laugh:

According to Wikipedia, exactly 45 minutes.

Not going to mention which CD we usually 'dance' to.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    LOL. I don't log it (mainly cuz for a while my posts were going to facebook - awkward). But hubby and I have taken to each having one single 70 calorie ferrero rocher afterward (everyone loves post-sex chocolate!), which we don't log either. "One earns the other" is our attitude. lol.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    My husband had heard that it burns calories, so now he always offers to help me with a little exercise. Says he's just thinking about me. LOL. He's funny. Has been doing it for years. "Hey Honey, want to burn some calories for a couple of minutes?" LMAO
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    My husband had heard that it burns calories, so now he always offers to help me with a little exercise. Says he's just thinking about me. LOL. He's funny. Has been doing it for years. "Hey Honey, want to burn some calories for a couple of minutes?" LMAO

LOL. Typical conversation between me and hubs:

"I need to work out at some point today."
    "I know how we can burn some calories." :wink:

Men, lol.
  • Zoomer2
    Zoomer2 Posts: 34
    Options
    Excellent! this might be a great pick up line in clubs post Christmas, 'want to burn some calories?', dont think you would get very far thou LOL
  • natalie1872
    Options
    Better get myself a "dance" partner...lol