Shaking after exercise??????

2»

Replies

• oulson
    oulson Posts: 1
    Actually it's a combination of the above messages. Depending on what your doing it could be any of the above.
    It's nothing to worry about. :-)
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Happens to me as well, plus sometimes lighthead. After getting home I usually have a protein shake to help.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    I usually shake the closer to failure / exhaustion I get. Sometimes it will start shaking before I'm done with the exercise.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    It depends on what kind of shaking we're talking about. Are your legs shaking from exhaustion and work (I get this on weight training leg day) or is your whole body shaking? If it's from muscle exhaustion, that's okay. If it's a full body experience you probably need to drink more during exercise, I would suggest gatorade or powerade with the sugar (I cut mine 50/50 with water). Just a suggestion.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    I shake also after but latelt i have been getting sips of water in between sets. When im on the treadmill or ellipitcal as soon as im dont I slowing leave the machine and have more sips of water and walk slowly for a bit and then the shaking goes away. You may need more water. I was only drinking like 3 cups a day at first but now im up to 8 and more and I feel much better during workouts.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Yup, happens to me when I need to eat!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    It could be, but when that happens to me it's low blood sugar.

^^^^ this

it's important to fuel your workouts. Personally I don't focus much on pre-workout meals as I eat several times a day anyway, so whatever I ate 1-2 hrs before exercise is my pre-workout meal. I do try to have a decent (as in big and with a big serving of protein) meal after a workout though. What you eat within about 45 minutes of exercise is more likely to be used by your body to build you up, than stored as fat. Of course your calories for the whole day (including the post-workout meal) need to be within your target too. But IMO it's important to fit a good post-workout meal into your eating plan. Some people find that this helps to stop excessive hunger later in the day, which makes it easier to stick to your day's calories and less likely that you'll want to overeat.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    I found this article very interesting. I'm not certain about the accuracy, but it says that it's adapted and sourced from the Mayo Clinic. You'll want to do a little more research, but it talks about carbohydrate consumption and exercise timing and efficiency.

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmcsd/Patients/Pages/ExerciseAndEating.aspx
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Try a couple slices of cheese before working out, this used to happen to me with blood sugar issues, type II diabetic, the cheese before a workout helped.
This discussion has been closed.