Plateau

purplespeckle
purplespeckle Posts: 652
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I didn't know which category to put this under and I'm not at a Plateau yet but I was wondering after how much weight loss did you experience a Plateau and what did you do to get off of the Plateau
Thanks

Replies

• I think it just depends on the person. I hit a plateau after about 15 pounds lost. I was able to get over after a couple of weeks tho and haven't hit a road block again, yet. I switched up my diet. I actually increased my calories for a week and then took them back down. This shocked my system enough to get over it.
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    That has been different every time I have lost weight. I realize now that it was mostly my way of going about dieting that put my on a plateau in the first place. (Going with too much calorie restriction and only eating once or twice a day)
    The way I got off them seemed to be if I would have a binge day. Then a couple days later I noticed the scale moving down again.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Zig Zag Diet. It worked wonders when I was stuck at 203 lbs for 17 long *kitten* freakin days. LOL My goal was 200 lbs and I was really, really freakin out. Zig Zag solved it for me. Yeah Zig Zag.
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    i do have stayed at the same weight for several weeks now. However whaen i measure meself i have lost a few inches. This does balance it out?
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    I hit it around 7 pounds, 10 pounds, 14 and 16. The weight just would drop, then stop.

The first two times I came off them without doing much. The last two times, it has taken an increase in eating, followed by lowering it back to where I was. Like laddyboy said, it's good to increase and decrease your calorie intake instead of staying stable. It'll help "trick" your metabolism.
This discussion has been closed.