Strapless heartrate monitor

susioryan
susioryan Posts: 180
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I was wondering if any of you use a strapless heartrate monitor and what do you think about it and its accuracy. I know the ones with the straps are more accurate but the darn things give me a rash and chafe wickedly. So those of you who do use a strapless what do you recommend?

Replies

• jesseroyal
    jesseroyal Posts: 22 Member
    I had one from walmart, that was only about 20 dollars. I think it was very inaccurate. You had to take your own heart rate every few minutes by pressing a button. Sometimes it wouldn't find the heart rate. Also it would say i burnt 3-400 calories MORE than my strap one says.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Mine keeps about the same track as my strapped one (i have the same problem, I got a terrible rash). I think you will get out of it what you pay for one. a $20 dollar HRM probably wont keep very good track be it strapped or strapless. I have a MIO (thy have a bunch of models) and I really like it. It DOES suck to have to keep track durring the work out, but it's no different then trying to use the ones on machines (and the bennifit of having your own is that it knows what your resting HR is so it is more accurate). I would just keep in mind that you will get what you pay for.
  • I know that for some of the Polar HRMs, you can buy a special sports bra that you put the transmitter in instead of wearing a chest strap. I honestly don't recommend buying one that doesn't have a transmitter with it; otherwise you have to stop so often to check your heart rate.

I'm not sure how much the special bras cost, but that might be a better option for you ! :)
This discussion has been closed.