Frustrations make me eat!

Options
Yesterday the kids were being SO naughty!
Usually they get a long well (ages 6 this month and a very new 3 yr old)...and one's a boy and one's a girl! lol
So there are squabbles but this was INSANE!!
They were IN time out more than they were OUT!!

In the midst of it all my husband's old injury from an accident was acting up and he had to go lay down with a heating pad so I was left to tend to the MADNESS!!
I was so frustrated and upset, and STRESSED that I ate a piece of cake before I even realized I'd eaten it!
=o(
Friggin cake!! :cry:
I was so disgusted that I felt like going and puking...but that wouldn't be the right thing to do- so I decided to suck it up and to make up for it today I am going sweets free for a week and see if I can't KICK this sugar/chocolate craving stuff!!
Wish me luck!
My hubby is also going to try and lose some weight with me and we're gonna walk the beach a few times each night after we get the kids to sleep. =o))

Replies

• GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yesterday the kids were being SO naughty!
    Usually they get a long well (ages 6 this month and a very new 3 yr old)...and one's a boy and one's a girl! lol
    So there are squabbles but this was INSANE!!
    They were IN time out more than they were OUT!!

In the midst of it all my husband's old injury from an accident was acting up and he had to go lay down with a heating pad so I was left to tend to the MADNESS!!
    I was so frustrated and upset, and STRESSED that I ate a piece of cake before I even realized I'd eaten it!
    =o(
    Friggin cake!! :cry:
    I was so disgusted that I felt like going and puking...but that wouldn't be the right thing to do- so I decided to suck it up and to make up for it today I am going sweets free for a week and see if I can't KICK this sugar/chocolate craving stuff!!
    Wish me luck!
    My hubby is also going to try and lose some weight with me and we're gonna walk the beach a few times each night after we get the kids to sleep. =o))
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I totally understand where you are coming from! I used to turn to food when stressed or sad...or whatever. It is a hard habit to break because it does provide temporary "happiness" I guess. But the key word there is temporary and we inevitabely feel even worse. It just takes time and practice to get out of that habit and instead of turning to food, turn to something else to relieve stress. A bath, get lost in a book for an hour, a good work-out (that helps me A LOT in feeling better).

The evening walk on the beach sounds nice!!

Some days just kick a mom's butt!!! That is for sure. I have an 18 month old myself who is into EVERYTHING and testing me on every single issue. Phew! Talk about exhausted!

These days happen. Don't beat yourself up..just get back on track and keep going. One setback isn't going to derail your entire lifestyle change!!

Take care!

-Tami
  • GinaB30
    Options
    A bath, get lost in a book for an hour, a good work-out (that helps me A LOT in feeling better).

Thank heavens these days don't happen TOO often!!
    There's literally no way I can escape to a bath, or go read or something when those moments strike and I am all alone with the two kids though! lol
    They don't nap anymore or anything...BUT most days they are quite good....=o)) thank heavens that the youngest is finally getting to a place where he can entertain himself better IF I need to just chill for a minute! lol
    The evening walk on the beach will ROCK if we can get them in to bed before 8:00 p.m. and then go enjoy ourselves for an hour while my mom keeps and eye on them! lol
    Thanks for the advice though, I WAS beating myself up about that cake, but I won't anymore...these things happen! lol
  • ShelleyDana
    Options
    I can totally relate to how you feel! I'm not only an emotional Eater but I tend to Mindlessly eat as well! I went to a baby shower yesterday and not only had cake but drank Dr. Pepper too!! Of course it wasn't until after I ate it that I realized what I did!! You just have to accept it and move on!! :smile: If I've learned anything the 6 weeks I've been plugging away at this it's that Im going to have to accept the road blocks along the way, but do my best to fight them and keep going :wink: I have two boys, 20 months and 3 1/2. It's So hard not to want to run to the food when They are stressing me out but I'm learning to stay away! LOL I just joined MFP yesterday, but I'm here if you need someone to vent too!! And enjoy the walks on the Beach, I'm envious!!! :tongue:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    A bath, get lost in a book for an hour, a good work-out (that helps me A LOT in feeling better).

There's literally no way I can escape to a bath, or go read or something when those moments strike and I am all alone with the two kids though! lol
    They don't nap anymore or anything...BUT most days they are quite good....=o)) thank heavens that the youngest is finally getting to a place where he can entertain himself better IF I need to just chill for a minute! lol
    The evening walk on the beach will ROCK if we can get them in to bed before 8:00 p.m. and then go enjoy ourselves for an hour while my mom keeps and eye on them! lol
    Thanks for the advice though, I WAS beating myself up about that cake, but I won't anymore...these things happen! lol

LOL yeah, after I wrote what I did....I started thinking about the opportunities I actually get to read a book...and they are rare these days and a bubble bath usually happens when my husband is home to watch our son or he is in bed already........soo...yep, nice thoughts in theory!! HAHAHA! I guess just thinking about them can take you to a place of calm for about a minute! :laugh: :laugh:

In all seriousness though, I read somewhere that one of the traits of naturally thin people is that they DO have treats and DO have "Bad" days......but they don't wallow and instead just get right back on track the next meal or the next day, whatever it is. I think if we all get to that place of being able to do that...we will be ok. Because the fact is..it isn't one piece of cake that made you gain weight, it's doing that ALL the time and you don't do that anymore!! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I have a 10 year old son, and a 5 year old daughter. Thankfully they are pals and get along. But...

I haven't read a book without pictures or talking animals in years...
    I threaten to sell them often...
    I threaten to beat them even more often...
    I bribe them with food...
    I keep them up late occasionally...
    I forget to sign things for school and send money in...
    Everything I touch/own is sticky...
    Most of my good shirts have food stains from things they have eaten, not me...
    I have a hole in my new couch, and the hole in one of my house speakers has a toy lodged into it...
    If it isn't scratched, it's been licked...

Summer break starts in about seven days, they are moving out in just over seven years...
    I hate to say this, but embrace the crazy, it hasn't/isn't going anywhere. :laugh:

I hope your day gets better. It isn't easy.
  • GinaB30
    Options
    I can totally relate to how you feel! I'm not only an emotional Eater but I tend to Mindlessly eat as well! I went to a baby shower yesterday and not only had cake but drank Dr. Pepper too!! Of course it wasn't until after I ate it that I realized what I did!! You just have to accept it and move on!! :smile: If I've learned anything the 6 weeks I've been plugging away at this it's that Im going to have to accept the road blocks along the way, but do my best to fight them and keep going :wink: I have two boys, 20 months and 3 1/2. It's So hard not to want to run to the food when They are stressing me out but I'm learning to stay away! LOL I just joined MFP yesterday, but I'm here if you need someone to vent too!! And enjoy the walks on the Beach, I'm envious!!! :tongue:

You just joined?? Welcome!! =o)
    It's a great site!
    You've got some boys close together!
    I had my second baby when my first was a few months away from turning three, so it worked out pretty well..now that they are getting older there are AWESOME days...and days where I wanna drown my sorrows in some CAKE! haha!
    I am a *boredom* eater...I am trying hard to kick it!! lol
    Good luck to you too and I am always here to rant to if ya need me! lol
  • GinaB30
    Options

LOL yeah, after I wrote what I did....I started thinking about the opportunities I actually get to read a book...and they are rare these days and a bubble bath usually happens when my husband is home to watch our son or he is in bed already........soo...yep, nice thoughts in theory!! HAHAHA! I guess just thinking about them can take you to a place of calm for about a minute! :laugh: :laugh:

In all seriousness though, I read somewhere that one of the traits of naturally thin people is that they DO have treats and DO have "Bad" days......but they don't wallow and instead just get right back on track the next meal or the next day, whatever it is. I think if we all get to that place of being able to do that...we will be ok. Because the fact is..it isn't one piece of cake that made you gain weight, it's doing that ALL the time and you don't do that anymore!! :flowerforyou:

LOL yep! I know what you mean, the only time I get to read a book is when they are SLEEPING! lol
    OR if my hubby is home I can get my workout in or something....crazy times!
    I need to just take a few moments (if it can't be MINUTES!) and just relax and then get back at it. Usually there isn't cake around- but it was my husband's b-day LOL
  • GinaB30
    Options
    I have a 10 year old son, and a 5 year old daughter. Thankfully they are pals and get along. But...

I threaten to sell them often...
    I threaten to beat them even more often...
    I bribe them with food...
    I keep them up late occasionally...
    I forget to sign things for school and send money in...
    Everything I touch/own is sticky...
    Most of my good shirts have food stains from things they have eaten, not me...
    I have a hole in my new couch, and the hole in one of my house speakers has a toy lodged into it...
    If it isn't scratched, it's been licked...

Summer break starts in about seven days, they are moving out in just over seven years...
    I hate to say this, but embrace the crazy, it hasn't/isn't going anywhere. :laugh:

I hope your day gets better. It isn't easy.

LOL my day TODAY is a lot better...so far I've had some weight control oatmeal LOL
    haha! The birthday cake is all gone now and I wasn't the one who ate a lot of it (yay!)

And oh- I think about ebaying mine sometimes too LOL but gotta love 'em!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

And oh- I think about ebaying mine sometimes too LOL but gotta love 'em!

Exsmackly...because I learned last week, that it is illegal to sell them on E-bay. LOL Did you hear about that? OMG it was all over the news... I don't get what the REAL problem is...??? WTF?
  • GinaB30
    Options

Exsmackly...because I learned last week, that it is illegal to sell them on E-bay. LOL Did you hear about that? OMG it was all over the news... I don't get what the REAL problem is...??? WTF?

LOL I couldn't BELIEVE that! I was like $10,000??? For a baby?? That is CHEAP!
    After all the morning sickness, cramps, problems I had getting those two in this world, 6 ultrasounds each, tooooo many UTI's to count- there is NO way I'd sell mine for $10,000!!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    It is so hard when the kids are young and I have to give all of you alot of credit I dont think I could have done this while my kids were young. My kids are now 24 and 17, the 24 year old is on her own the boy still at home. But I do miss the age you are talking about it. Even though it gets crazy. Enjoy it as much as possible. :drinker: to you all.

47397.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • GinaB30
    Options
    It is so hard when the kids are young and I have to give all of you alot of credit I dont think I could have done this while my kids were young. My kids are now 24 and 17, the 24 year old is on her own the boy still at home. But I do miss the age you are talking about it. Even though it gets crazy. Enjoy it as much as possible. :drinker: to you all.

47397.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Aw thanks!
    It IS hard...trying to get that *me* time in there...like right now, the only reason I can pop on here for a bit is because the oldest has gone to her Grandmother's and the youngest is happily watching a cartoon! lol
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    oh hunny do I ever know how you feel, lol. When I get super mad I used to take a drive and go get coffee. But the thing is I'd leave Tim Horton's drive thru with coffee and 3 donuts and not even remember Ordering the donuts :angry: Needless to say I gotta just pace it off now , Can't go for that drive for fear of the donut monster lol.

My son's birthday party was saturday , talk about stress. My Mil is so controlling, she walks into my house and automatically tries to take over. Not just Saturday , but always. I tried to hold my tongue saturday it was my sons party after all, I didnt wanna be the b!tchy one. But it just gets to the point when I snap and she has to be reminded time and time again , I am his mother you are his grandmother , YOU have no say. And then I stuffed my face with macaroni and potato salad so HA I know what you mean lol. Back at it, gotta get it done :flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    Options
    oh hunny do I ever know how you feel, lol. When I get super mad I used to take a drive and go get coffee. But the thing is I'd leave Tim Horton's drive thru with coffee and 3 donuts and not even remember Ordering the donuts :angry: Needless to say I gotta just pace it off now , Can't go for that drive for fear of the donut monster lol.

My son's birthday party was saturday , talk about stress. My Mil is so controlling, she walks into my house and automatically tries to take over. Not just Saturday , but always. I tried to hold my tongue saturday it was my sons party after all, I didnt wanna be the b!tchy one. But it just gets to the point when I snap and she has to be reminded time and time again , I am his mother you are his grandmother , YOU have no say. And then I stuffed my face with macaroni and potato salad so HA I know what you mean lol. Back at it, gotta get it done :flowerforyou:

LOL well then, I guess we ALL have those days eh?
    *HUGS* It'll all work out!
    Oh I heard an interesting thing....a Dr. (naturalpath Dr.) said that digestive enzymes (one taken with a meal) will help the digestion and help to aid in weight loss!
    I've always had stomach issues, so I am giving it a try!