Hi there!

Options
Hi there! My name is Ashlee, and I am not only trying to lose weight, but I am changing my life-style! I had a son 9 months ago, and my husband and I have decided that now is the time to get our acts together and introduce a healthy life-style to our son. We don't want him to come home from school and grab a cookie as a snack when there are apples in the fridge. So, we are changing OUR habits, to better HIS future (which will only better ours in turn!)

I turned to the MFP app on my Droid and have been incredibly happy with it so far! It gives me so much strength to resist the unhealthy choices and to find my inner self-control, all because I don't want to see me go over my calories or fat for the day!

I guess I should also mention here that I am not only on THIS journey, but I am on a journey to run a 5k on May 7th. One of my friends heard that I am trying to better my life, and she told me that I should run this 5k with her in May... well, being me, I can't turn down a challenge like that! So, I said yes! (Oh my, what did I get myself into, right??) So, I am using the Couch to 5k (C25K) app to train for it... 9 weeks of training for a 5k... I started week 1 day 1 yesterday and not only did I see results in my stamina immediately, but this morning I saw an AWESOME result on the scale (YAY!)

A little more about me.... I'm 25. I have struggled with being overweight my entire life and when I started this journey on December 28, 2010, I weighed 189.8 pounds. I am 5' 4". I live in Ohio. I have been married to the man of my dreams, my college sweetheart, for almost 4 years. Our son, Aiden, is 9 1/2 months old and is the light of my life! I am an insurance agent at my father-in-laws agency and LOVE my job! However, I sit at a desk all day with little to no movement other than typing on my keyboard. So I have to make a point to be active when I get home (which is getting easier since my little man started crawling!)

So anyway, that's where I am today... I will post a link to my blog if you'd like to follow my journey, and hopefully find a little inspiration along the way :-)