BEST HEART RATE MONITOR

monstertwelve
monstertwelve Posts: 102
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok sooo i know that there are quite a few of these threads on here but i just wanna be sure before i buy one?

Its a given that everyone loves POLAR and i've seen that almost everyone's favorite is the RS300X.

Does everybody agree that this one is the best?

I found one with the FOOT POD...is this necessary...or better question...good to have?

Now lets talk about price...i found it for $229.95...do you feel that this price is high or is it fair?
website
http://www.rei.com/product/793485

If you prefer a different one can you please let me know which one it is, why you like it and whats a good price to get it at?!

Thanks guys!!!

Replies

• mbroeckelmanpost
    mbroeckelmanpost Posts: 44 Member
    I bought the RS300X a few months ago and love it. I like the foot pod because it can tell me distance and pace (I'm a runner), but if you don't care about knowing either of those, then it's not as important. Check Amazon.com-- I found mine there for $149 (including the HRM and footpod).
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    I personally LOVE my reebok XT HRM. It does EVERYTHING I need it to do, I can change the batteries myself and it was only like $40.00.
  • LuRox
    LuRox Posts: 520 Member
    If you have an Android, blackberry or iPhone save money and buy yourself a bluetooth capable HRM belt and use your phone. It will link with the belt and give you all the information you need using the GPS on your phone. I have a Polar FT 40 that I paid $45 bucks for...I use it with my Endomondo and my Cardio trainer apps. Just a different option for you.
  • SWEET!!! Thank you all for your responses!!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    If you have an Android, blackberry or iPhone save money and buy yourself a bluetooth capable HRM belt and use your phone. It will link with the belt and give you all the information you need using the GPS on your phone. I have a Polar FT 40 that I paid $45 bucks for...I use it with my Endomondo and my Cardio trainer apps. Just a different option for you.

Ooooh that sounds nifty. I'm always interested in new gadgets!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member

OMG I had no idea there was such a thing!! You saved me for when I forget my watch!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    It all depends on what you need. If you go to Polar's website you can compare all the models side by side. All I care about is calories so I bought the Polar FT4 for $49.99. If you need/want more features then go up a model or 2. I am not sure what features the one you mentioned has but like I said compare what is important to you on their site. I imagine you are looking for more if you are paying $200+ though.

ETA: I just looked at the one you mentioned and on Polar's website it says it is $169.95 unless you want the RS300X G1 and that one is $249.95

here is the compare site: http://www.polar.fi/us-en/products/compare
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    I got a Polar FT7 on Ebay for $66. Normal price is around $109-129. Absolutely love it.
  • ok so i wanna thank everyone for their replys again and i just bought the RS300X on amazon for 149.99 sooo special thanks to mbroeckelmanpos!!!!!

thanks guys!!!!!!!
  • LuRox
    LuRox Posts: 520 Member

I use the Endomondo app and the cardio trainer app...I use my HRM (I don't have the bluetooth belt) and you can go into the websites and plug in your HRM info. It keeps up with all your workouts and gives you totals per week, month, year...etc I love cool gadgets and these have actually motivated me beyond belief...I have never walked 3 miles in one walk before now...and today I walked 4.4!!!!
This discussion has been closed.