Eating Clean

2»

Replies

• I didn't think I was being rude. I am trying to help many and personally feel posting things that may not suit most, will suit some and if helping 1 person is all I do out of this post..then hey I helped someone! =) Some may be looking for a bigger change. Like maybe they have lost their weight, but want more ripped muscles and I beleive TONY HORTON knows a thing or two about that. This is why I posted this.
    BTW - i'm not saying don't pay it forward or hand out advice, but when people criticize or doubt it a rude response might not be the best way to win people over.

Oops, wasn't referring to you in the rude reference.
  • I didn't think I was being rude. I am trying to help many and personally feel posting things that may not suit most, will suit some and if helping 1 person is all I do out of this post..then hey I helped someone! =) Some may be looking for a bigger change. Like maybe they have lost their weight, but want more ripped muscles and I beleive TONY HORTON knows a thing or two about that. This is why I posted this.
    BTW - i'm not saying don't pay it forward or hand out advice, but when people criticize or doubt it a rude response might not be the best way to win people over.

Oops, wasn't referring to you in the rude reference.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Local farms where the animals are raised on pasture and organically grown hay (not corn), poultry who are truly range-free and allowed to eat their normal diet of insects, etc.; these can be great, low-fat sources of protein. Delicious, too.

This is how we eat. Meat & eggs from a local organic farmer whose animals all exercise too! Our food is healthier, tastier and comes straight from the farm to our table. We also get raw milk and make our own yogurt. This was the start of clean eating for me. One step at a time, but the fitter you become... the more you want to do!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    I'm sure this was well intended, but for most of us, eating "clean" does not mean cutting out all animal products, gluten, caffeine, etc. It means eating a diet full of fresh veggies, fruit, nuts, legumes, lean meats and eggs, and cutting out as much processed food as possible (including processed sugars). There is no reason why someone can't include many of the things you listed as part of their diet and still lose weight and be healthy. It's quite extreme to say that modern meat is "worthless" as a protein - while I understand people's discomfort with modern meat, I have no doubt it continues to be a valuable protein for the body. I also make a vegetarian protein out of gluten - obviously not good for someone who is gluten intolerant, but I'm not, and it is a great source of protein for me. I've actually read that for caffeine, initially it may have a slight negative impact on cortisol levels, etc, but that for someone who is used to drinking it, their body adjusts and no longer experiences the negative effects - I'm not advocating a gallon a day of coffee, but a few cups will not hurt anyone (unless they have special medical needs).

Basically - I just want to put an alternate viewpoint out there that you can eat relatively clean without going extreme. Extreme may work for some people, but it's not necessary for weight loss or to be healthy.

"like*
This discussion has been closed.