How do you

Options
Get through your first plateau? This is where I usually get frustrated and demotivated. Just wondering how everyone gets through the first one. The plan is to stick with my meals and calories, drink my water and continue my 30 day shred (took 2 days off over the weekend for out of town, but stayed with my calories, etc). Any advice is always apprecaited! Thanks!

Replies

• JulieBoBoo
    Options
    I cycle my calorie intake. One week I opt for the lose 1.5lbs a week option and then the next lose 2lbs option. Seems to keep my metabolism guessing a little.
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Usually mixing it up helps you get through a plateau. Doing a different routine on one day, get in some strength training anything like that. Good Luck!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Try changing the amount of weights you use during the workouts.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    All of the above. You have to shake things up a little usually. Change something in your diet, change your exercise routines, increase intensity...something will work. It is frustrating, but it can be conquered.
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    Thanks. I ordered the 6 week 6 pack cardio/ab dvd to go with my 30 day shred. Just waiting for it to come in, but am planning on switching it up with that. Been switching between 3 and 5lb (5lbs are a KILLER) with the shred. Have a custom workout based on my fitness equipment at home, so I am using that from fitness magazine.com until my dvd arrives.
    Will keep going, but was trying to get through this slump! Thanks again for the answers. Any other advice is still welcome. It helps keep me going. Especially knowing that others went through it and that you got through it too!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    before I use to quit!...but since sept. I have been losing weight every month, nervous now bcuz next week is my next weigh in. its all about how you handle your diet.