calories over the weekend

Options
Ok so I over ate calories yesterday and the day before. Just curious about when I exercise today should I not eat up those exercise calories? Or should I just go day by day?

Replies

• SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Your body is all about calories in/out, and it is NOT a day-by-day function.

Make sure you still get your minimum calories (based on MFP's suggestion) but you don't have to eat the exercise calories back - that's my suggestion.
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation; it just too easy to go over calories on the weekends. I don't change anything when the week starts up. I still eat my recommended calories and work out the same intensity that I would normally, and from past experience I still lose weight on a weekly weigh-ins. The key is to not make over eating or indulging a little too much on the weekends a habit; if you do then it becomes a slippery slope. We need to keep in mind that just because our schedule/routine might change on the weekend that does not mean that our good eating habit should change.
  • breezydowell
    Options
    Thank you guys for your input! = ) Yes I am definetely trying not to make a habit of eating or drinking too many extra calories on the weekend because I know that is where I packed on the pounds. But peer pressure definetely didn't help. I am sticking with it and can't wait to see RESULTS!!!!!