Ready to get started!!

Options
I am 24 and would like to lose 15 pounds. I have gained some weight since my marriage 2.5 years ago. All within a period of about 10 months, my husband went through a period of unemployment, our niece passed away, my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer, and I graduated from college and got my first job. Needless to say, I gained a few pounds. That all happened in 2009....I think its time to get rid of the emotional weight!! I am ready to do this!!

Replies

• zistheword
    Options
    I'm 19, 5'2 and if I'm not proud of my body now I may never be. I have everything I need to get my act together so I'm going to do it!
  • Brighteyes_7916
    Options
    you can do it!!! Add me as a friend and we can motivate each other! I am trying to lose about 15 pounds also.
  • teach1975
    Options
    Good for you!! I should have started when my extra was 15 instead of 25 or 30.........I have kept it off 7 years. Gets harder with age, metabolism seems to slow down. I have been teaching 33 years-seem to eat less when I am busy at school.:)
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! I'd like to lose about 15 lbs also, but I'd be happy with 5 if I could just get back on track with exercising and feeling great again. :bigsmile:

Good luck everyone!!:flowerforyou:
  • paperkiss
    Options
    I'm 23 and I have.... a LOT to lose. Sometimes I wished I'd started earlier on, but there's no looking back now. I'm getting married and I heard many people gain weight after marriage. I guess I'd better start losing now :)

Good luck to you!
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am closing in on 40 and decided I wanted to be in the best shape of my life when I hit the big 40. This site is a great resource. Even a small amount of awareness, which this site provides in spades, can have a huge impact. I really think you will like the site, the process, and reach great results.

Best of Luck!!!

--Carter
  • teachdeaf09
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! I'm looking forward to this journey!! Thanks for the encouragement! I've had a good day so far!