Heart rate monitor; is it worn out???

lculian
lculian Posts: 313 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi I'm hoping someone knows what to do....
My heart rate monitor does not seem to be reading anymore. :frown: I've had it since early May and use it regularly, is there a seperate battery for the computer? I have the Polar FT7. The watch is still reading and ready to start a workout, but it is not picking up a heart rate from the chest strap? Has anyone had this experience? Any ideas on how to fix it???

I love my heart rate monitor,:bigsmile: it really helps me stay motivated. Right now I'm trying to train for a 10k so I want to fix this asap.

Thanks for your help:heart:

Replies

• cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    well I don't know much, but I just got a really cheap monitor from walmart and it does that to me already! I have to clean the bottom of the watch and the belt really well and then I can get it working! Maybe you just need to clean your wrist/watch and chest area/belt? Just a thought!! :)
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    I just had this problem with mine, last week actually. I found out that my battery in the chest strap (transmitter) was dead. I replaced it and it's working just fine now. The only problem is that you have to take some Polars to the shop to get the batteries traded. And since you bought yours in May, it should still be under warranty. That was a problem with my F11, so I just bought a FT60 mostly because you can change the battery yourself. I would try that if you are able to change the battery. If not, hopefully you have a Polar center near you. Check their website to see where their locations are... if none are close, you might have to send it in!
  • If you have the Polar FT7, don't worry about having to send it in to get the battery replaced -- it is one of the newer models that has a user-replaceable battery. I would check the owners manual (or look it up on Polar's website) to figure out what type of battery the transmitter takes.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    I just had this problem with mine, last week actually. I found out that my battery in the chest strap (transmitter) was dead. I replaced it and it's working just fine now. The only problem is that you have to take some Polars to the shop to get the batteries traded. And since you bought yours in May, it should still be under warranty. That was a problem with my F11, so I just bought a FT60 mostly because you can change the battery yourself. I would try that if you are able to change the battery. If not, hopefully you have a Polar center near you. Check their website to see where their locations are... if none are close, you might have to send it in!

THANK YOU!! I went to the site, mine is listed as one I can change out by myself. Fingerscrossed, hopefully I just need a new battery.

Thanks for the information:flowerforyou:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Let us know how it goes. I too have the FT7 and would like to know in case I run into this.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    I hope you get it fixed! I know it's terrible going without a HRM after you're used to it. Mine was a pain to get open. Maybe yours will be a little nicer.. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.