Take Two

Options
I tried this site several months ago. I made what I thought was a reasonable goal to loose a lb a week. Each night by the time I had used up my calories for the day I was ready to eat the furniture. I was SOOO hungry that it made me crazy. I was miserable, I looked so much better and fit into my old jeans, but starving myself was not worth it. I quit and gained it all back PLUS 10 lbs. Now i am back to hating how I look in my clothes and am willing to try again. I now have 15 to loose instead of 10, but I have given myself a higher calorie count than last time and not so short of a time frame. I am looking for some friends in the same boat to help me along the way :)

Replies

• oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. :) On an easy deployment over the summer, all I did was drink, and I ended up injuring myself so I couldn't exercise. I ended up gaining about 20 pounds and weighing more than I ever have in my life at about 175 lbs. I got back to the states and quit drinking so much and lost about five or six pounds, but the rest of the weight hasn't come off. My aunt recently lost a large amount of weight by merely counting calories and exercising, and she's inspired me to do it the hard way.. so I've been counting calories and exercising. And on the days when I go over my calories, I exercise till I get down to the net calories I'm supposed to have. I've been successful in the past couple of weeks, and I can't wait till I break the 160 barrier. I have about 3 more pounds to go, and then another 10 pounds to get to my normal weight at 150. After that, I want to push my limits and get to the best shape in my life, whether that means I weigh 135 or 147. I just wanna be healthy. :)
  • startover
    Options
    Thanks for joining me! :) I hope we can be helpful to each other! My hubby has high cholesterol, so we are trying to get the whole family healthier. He seems to loose weight by just thinking about which isn't fair :( LOL
  • bekihughes
    Options
    I stopped using this site for 2 months an gained 10 lbs of the 17 I lost back. SO Obviouly I need to keep at it! Winter is just REALLY hard for me.
  • startover
    Options
    Winter is deadly! Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas parties, cookies, candy, all the seasonal snacks, New Years! The worst is that I can hide in layers and sweaters cuz it is freezing LOL :)
    I stopped using this site for 2 months an gained 10 lbs of the 17 I lost back. SO Obviouly I need to keep at it! Winter is just REALLY hard for me.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I just joined up last week for the first time. I had gotten myself down to 130 lbs which was where I wanted to be, about 2 years ago. Then my Dad was diagnosed with several cnacers and given 2 weeks to 2 months to live and during that same time period my husband lost his job and was unemployed for just about a year. It was a struggl not to get depressed and to try to stay focused. My dad passed away after 3 months so I gained some of my time back but as you can imagine was not in a good place. I am finally in a good place and back up to 161 lbs. Not horrible at 5'6" but since I know I can be 130 lbs, I want it back!! I'd love to help you and have you help me in this journey we are all on!!!
  • startover
    Options
    When my hubby was unemployed and life got worse and worse...I gained 15 lbs and he lost 15 lbs LOL Stress can creep up on you and screw everything up. I understand.
    I just joined up last week for the first time. I had gotten myself down to 130 lbs which was where I wanted to be, about 2 years ago. Then my Dad was diagnosed with several cnacers and given 2 weeks to 2 months to live and during that same time period my husband lost his job and was unemployed for just about a year. It was a struggl not to get depressed and to try to stay focused. My dad passed away after 3 months so I gained some of my time back but as you can imagine was not in a good place. I am finally in a good place and back up to 161 lbs. Not horrible at 5'6" but since I know I can be 130 lbs, I want it back!! I'd love to help you and have you help me in this journey we are all on!!!
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    In 2008, I dropped 50, count 'em, 50 lbs through a "medical" weight loss scheme. They had me on appetite suppressants and 800 calories per day. That's about 1/3 my normal intake. Sure, I lost weight and I also lost my wallet! I stopped the pills and gained it all back by Christmas this year and now, like you, I'm starting over.

I can relate to your "hungry enough" comment. What works for me is lower starches and higher protein. But, what works for my daughter is a more balanced approach. She always finishes her day high on the fiber and low on the carbs. She seems to do alright. I've dropped 4 lbs before starting on this site so, I think I'm in a good groove too.

Losing the weight and gaining it back is a common problem with lots of people. I, like you, have found the courage to try yet again. Will I be successful this time or will I have to, once again, go buy some new fat clothes because I out-grew my normal clothes? At the end of the day, its up to me.

Don't feel like nobody cares. We've all been there. And, here we are again.

Markja