Someone we can all hope to be :)

FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
I work at a retirement home as a chef and although it isnt as bustling and aggravating as a restaurant is we sure get to meet people which such great life stories you cant help but be taken aback. One woman today is celebrating her 101st birthday. Granted she is in a wheel chair but that was very recent as shes unstable if she would stand...she can feed herself, carry on a conversation and recall man many things(even if she has dementia, which only affects short term memory). She is in darn good health for being a centarian. For giggles we looked up what was going on when she was born. Taft was president and the titantic hadnt even sunken yet. I heard she remembers all these historic events like they were yesterday and can paint a better pic than a book can. I wanna know her secret to longevity. Cause if living that long means that decent of health than BRING IT ONNNN!!!!!

Replies

• That is such a sweet story! Thank you for sharing!!!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    LOVE THIS! I worked at a nursing home for 5 years and just recently left to persue work with "special individuals" but I miss my "oldies" every day!! They are such a wealth of wisdom and knowledge. Sometimes I would find myself just sitting at the table after a meal for a very long time just listening to the women talk amongst themselves! I hope you guys do something special for a 100 year birthday party, I know we went all out for them!
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Wow that is awesome. 101 long years.
This discussion has been closed.