Didn't notice the forum till now

Options
oddyogi
oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
Hey guys,
I'm Ashley and I just noticed the forum when I looked to the right of the screen and saw some post headlines.. so here I am introducing myself. :-) I'm 23, turning 24 in about six weeks. I serve in the U.S. Air Force, and I've been in for about four and a half years. I just recently got married to a very muscly and sexy man who weighs a good 25-30 pounds less than me, and even though he says he loves me no matter what, I'm still unhappy in my skin. Thanks to an easy deployment over the summer that enabled me to drink heavily and an injury that hindered my exercise for about two months, and ANOTHER injury because of the first injury that cut out exercise for another two months, I weighed 175 lbs, the heaviest I've ever been. Standing at almost 5'6", that's way too heavy for me, considering my normal weight was between 150-155.

After returning from the deployment, I quit drinking, and only lost about five or six pounds. It's been a few months, and I've slowly been able to exercise more. Finally, after the new year and seeing my aunt lose a bunch of weight doing it the old fashioned way (counting calories and exercising), something in my brain has finally clicked. It's time to take control, and do what I know how to do. The easy thing for me is exercising. I can exercise all day long if I wanted to. The hard part is controlling my eating. I love food so much, and once I get a craving it's hard to tell myself no--especially when my metabolically-gifted husband gets in on the craving. Lucky for me, he's decided to start eating healthy with me. I lost about two pounds before signing up for myfitnesspal, and I've lost another two since. I have three more to go till I get under 160, and I know that by continuing to lose my drive to be healthy will grow!

So in a few months, I will be able to fit into all of my old clothes, feel confident, and pass my PT test with ease! Any buddies that want to go along this journey with me--feel free to add me. Sorry, I'm kind of long-winded. :-)

Best,
Ashley