Newish to the site, and in need of some support/friends

Options
Hello Everyone
My name is Dannielle and I just turned 25, and the bottom line is I am sick of being "the fat girl." I am a newlywed, and I love my husband to death, but can't stand that he eats whatever whenever. I am falling fast in my weight lose goal, as for some reason I can't get back on top and be in control of it. I am in need of support and help. My friends and family are awesome, but for some reason it is not cutting it anymore. I need to find some movtivation and support. I have read that this site is fantastic for what it is, and for the pople that offer support and help. Thanks for listening to me go on and on. Here's to hoping I can make some friends and find the suport and movtivation that I am in need of.

Replies

• PaulzFitnessPal
    Options
    You can do it! For me, just counting calories helps me so much. I'm not on a "diet", I'm just trying to be aware. And it is working. Try to space everything out. No big meals, just lots of little ones. A couple of potato chips here and there, and taking a walk helps me alot.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Wishing you lots of luck and being here is a big step you just took!!
  • nmglay
    nmglay Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi Dannielle...my name is Nancy. I'm 52. Congrats on your new marriage! He sounds like a dream come true! You are lucky to have support at home...that definitely helps! My hubby is supportive also...and he also gets to eat whatever he want without worrying about his weight! It isn't fair is it?? This site is fantastic...you'll love it! You will do this!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I found this site 10 days ago and I absolutely love itl I have been dieting since I was 12 years old and I have never been happy with myself. I have also done the New Year's resolution thing (and the Monday morning thing and the 1st of the month thing and the day after my birthday thing....you get the idea). This year I found this site and it has really helped to keep me on track and most importantly has help to keep me motivated--I exercise sometimes just becuase I can't wait to enter it onto my site! It also makes me really consider, "Do I really want to have to put that into my food log?" and I've eaten less just becuase I took some time before I put it into my mouth.
    Anyway, it would be great to have another MFP friend, so add me if you wish.
    Catniss
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Well welcome, and you've come to the right place for support this is my second week on MFP and the people and support I've received on here have been amazing! Good luck to you on your journey to a new healthier life!
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    Welcome Dannielle!!! Best of luck on your journey!!!!
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Welcome. I'd be more than happy to help and support you. Congrats on your marriage.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your marriage! Feel free to join me in my quest to trim down and tone up! I just turned 41 and am seeing the middle age bulge first hand!! LOL I now have to work at keeping weight off! I joined this site last week and am doing great so far!!!! Love to be "friends"!!