anyone else not log in on weekends?

Options
I didn't plan it but I consistently skip myfitnesspal on weekends. I think I feel like it provides a balance to my weeks so I don't feel stuck or like I have to record. That way on mondays I feel excited to keep track again.

Replies

• ckzeunen
    Options
    Exactly..I feel the same way!!!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I didn't when I first started the last time round and that was my downfall. It was once I started recording on weekends that I started to lose. I have the tendancy to underestimate what I eat so by not recording for 2 days I ended up sabatoging what I had accomplished durring the week before. I need to log on weekends to stay accountable to myself on what goes into my mouth. That is just my experience though. :flowerforyou:
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I only see my husband on weekends :heart: so I tend not to log in but I do my best to keep a written food log.
  • Gizmo52
    Gizmo52 Posts: 43
    Options
    It isn't done on purpose - me not logging in on the weekends. My home computer is rather antique and sometimes I'm allowed on the site, sometimes not. So unless I'm going into the office to work on the weekends, I don't log on. Really miss it since this is my means of support.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I try with all my might but I have a terrible time doing it. I finally did Saturday this past weekend but Sunday was scratched because I ate at a Chinese Buffet (which sucked). I can't even estimate that one.

I'm still trying to get exercise in on the weekends. My weekends are very, very lazy.
  • dArtagnia
    dArtagnia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was not logging in on the weekends. I mean I didnt go crazy, I was still watching what I was eating. I have decided though since I am a nibbler... its probably best if I log in... I care less if I go a little over on weekends but I do think I grab little things less... and I do not count beverages on the weekends unless I know they are super high. Its kind of my gift to me for drinking water and unsweetened tea all week.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I thought about not logging in on the weekends, but that would 104 days in a year's time. There will be days I can't for one reason or another, but I'm trying to log in daily. If I overeat, it's getting logged whether it was planned or not. Besides, I like reading my news feed to see how my friends are doing. :bigsmile:
  • RachaelCThacker
    Options
    I didn't when I first started the last time round and that was my downfall. It was once I started recording on weekends that I started to lose. I have the tendancy to underestimate what I eat so by not recording for 2 days I ended up sabatoging what I had accomplished durring the week before. I need to log on weekends to stay accountable to myself on what goes into my mouth. That is just my experience though. :flowerforyou:

I have decide that you are right. I am going to switch to daily so I can be accountable. It has already made a difference! Thanks all!
  • bsed18
    bsed18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I most definetly log my weekends, but it is to make certain that I keep on track. I have always been a "my-diet-starts-on-Monday" sort of person. I log in on weekends to make certain I don't fall into that attitude again.
  • lal73
    lal73 Posts: 116
    Options
    I tend to slack on weekend as well, but i still try to eat good...
  • honeyrabbit
    Options
    Well, in my opinion, everyone's free to make their own choices about how they want to go about achieving their weight goal...
    BUT I don't see the point of working hard all week to stay within your calorie allowance and achieve your goals, only to go and sabotage your efforts at the weekends!

It's a slippery slope i think and doing this every weekend is almost like giving yourself free reign to go a bit wild with your food choices/intake every weekend.
    I don't think it's wrong to eat the foods you really want to, or have a few glasses of wine/bottles of beer... I don't think that MFP is about depriving yourself......for me it's about forward planning so that if you do want a treat, you can work it into your allowance by doing the exercise to earn it!

Not logging at weekends, for me would be like pretending the weekend and it's culinary excesses never happened....but the weekends do 'happen' and they do count! It's all a bit non-commital.

I suppose it just depends how serious you are about reaching your goal.
    I don't intend to insult anyone with my comments, like I said, each to their own...it's just about personal choices.