Question for the ladies

Options
When you take the birthcontrol pill you take it for 21 days straight and then your off it for 7 days then you go back on again, are you only protected for the 21 days that you are taking it or are you always protected?

Replies

• lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    When you take the birthcontrol pill you take it for 21 days straight and then your off it for 7 days then you go back on again, are you only protected for the 21 days that you are taking it or are you always protected?
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    always, with in the % it quotes (Ex-medical student... that count for anything? lol)
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    always, with in the % it quotes (Ex-medical student... that count for anything? lol)

Okay thankyou :flowerforyou:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    to embellish...

The pill stops your body from ovulating and of course if you don't ovulate you won't get pregrant
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are protected. I take the 28 days. because then you have the sugar pills for reminders. When I used to take the 21 day package I would always forget to start back up again!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Remember that antiobiotics will negate your birth control.
    I didn't know this 3+ years ago.... Her name is :heart: Bella Grace:heart: . :laugh:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    always :flowerforyou:

except for the antibiotics thing, of course... and make sure you take it around the same time EVERY day. hehee!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I didn't know this 3+ years ago.... Her name is :heart: Bella Grace:heart: . :laugh:

A pharmacist recently told me that new studies have proven the antibiotics thing is false. But still, the pill is never 100% effective. use condoms! :flowerforyou:
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    Your protected like 99%. Or something like that...it's not 100%. The reason that you only take the pill for 3 weeks, is to allow your body that last week to have it's period, which you get AFTER ovulation, so you can't get prego during that 1 week time your "off" the pill. Hope that clairfies.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options

Awww... but she's a cutie! :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

A pharmacist recently told me that new studies have proven the antibiotics thing is false. But still, the pill is never 100% effective. use condoms! :flowerforyou:

THAT WAS WHAT THEY TOLD ME TOO!!
    BEWARE!!!
    I was on the pill for 7 years with no problems, then I take an antibiotic on the pill and BAM, preggo! Eerie coincidence otherwise!
    Thanks!! She is the love of my life, little smartiepants diva that she is, and I wouldn't trade her for the world! She just came 5 years ahead of "my schedule". The Big Guy had His own plans about when I should become a mama. Lucky for me, I had already been married for 3 1/2 years when she was born, but I barely graduated college before she arrived, LOL.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options

THAT WAS WHAT THEY TOLD ME TOO!!
    BEWARE!!!
    I was on the pill for 7 years with no problems, then I take an antibiotic on the pill and BAM, preggo! Eerie coincidence otherwise!
    Thanks!! She is the love of my life, little smartiepants diva that she is, and I wouldn't trade her for the world! She just came 5 years ahead of "my schedule". The Big Guy had His own plans about when I should become a mama. Lucky for me, I had already been married for 3 1/2 years when she was born, but I barely graduated college before she arrived, LOL.

Oh hey I know what ya mean!! I was pregnant with my first a senior in highschool!!!! Yikes!