Besides taking a Multi-vitamin...

Options
What other supplements do you take to help add in your weight loss?

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I take Emergen C. Vitamin C helps your body burn food as fuel and helps boost your immune system.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    none!! get all the stuff i need from fresh vegtables, surely weightloss should come from eating less and excercise more, no need for pills :(
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I take a fish oil supplement, emergence-c, ( Vitamin D3~ I live in the Pacific Northwest and have lots of cloudy dark days.)
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Well now... I take vitamin D, Greens +, vitamin C, mutlis, E, macca and l-glutamine, primrose oil, b-complex 100 and organic bragg's apple cider vinegar (before each meal).
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I take coconut oil, green tea, B-complex, Vit C, Cayenne, fish oil, and Vit E. The coconut oil, fish oil and eating healthy has done wonders for my skin.
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I like to take Vitamin E... it's amazing how great your skin will feel and your hair will look. I also take folic acid because my mother makes me. (Ugh).
  • sosmooth2
    Options
    I take Vitamin c and fish oil
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Well now... I take vitamin D, Greens +, vitamin C, mutlis, E, macca and l-glutamine, primrose oil, b-complex 100 and organic bragg's apple cider vinegar (before each meal).

Very curious... what does the macca and l-glutamine, primrose oil and apple cider vinegar do?
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I take a number of supplements but not for weight loss but for overall good health. I am prescription drug free and would like to keep it that way for as long as possible. Most of you guys and gals are under 50, so it is not such a huge problem. But when you turn 50, the docs like to start you on all kinds of so called preventative meds. I'm passing on those for the time being.

The best way to get all of your vitamins is, of course, through good nutrition. But if you need supplements, consult with a Holistic oriented MD. He/she will guide you to the best ones for you.
  • sosmooth2
    Options
    Great . glad to hear about your supplements. they all help in some way or another. I love cayenne
  • sosmooth2
    Options
    That's so true. You know what maybe I need to check with that type of doc.............Thanks for all your help since i've been here. you are kind. thank you.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I take a multi-vitamin, vitamin d (bc my doc told me to since my levels were low), and cinnamon pills (which is just cinnamon in a capsule form so you don't have to taste it).

I definitely recommend asking your doctor to check your vitamin d and vitamin b levels next time you have a blood draw. I read that 80% of us are vitamin d deficient.
  • Ashleymf22
    Options
    OmegaPlex which is a Omega 3 Fatty Acid,Catalyst which is a Amino Acid and Arginine Extreme which is a multinutrient
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    none!! get all the stuff i need from fresh vegtables, surely weightloss should come from eating less and excercise more, no need for pills :(

Correct! Bare minimum nutrients should come from your foods, unless you have a diffeciency and it is discusses with a health care professional.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Every once in awhile I will take a D3 in the winter, when there has been little sun for a prolonged period.

Otherwise, nothing :) No multivitamins or anything else. I get my healthies from food :D