heart rate moniter advice?

Options
I'm sorry if this topic has already been covered. I'd like to invest in a heart-rate moniter. I have personal reasons besides my weight loss goals for this, but I was wondering if there are kinds/brands to look for or those that aren't worth their price-tags? Also, are there certain features that I should look for or stay away from.

Thanks!!

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT4 just this weekend and LOVE IT! The watch is actually wearable too. Not sure about what to stay away from, but liked this one because of good reviews and a 2 year warranty.
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! I found it very stressful making a decision on which one to buy. I really narrowed it down to Polar and Garmin. I ended up buying the Polar FT80 G1. This combines the ability to do multiple types of exercize, great tracking, and GPS. There are really a lot of options out there and I think it mostly depends on the kinds of activities you plan to do. GPS, for example, is an expensive additional feature that you don't need if you train in a gym or at home.

Anyway, spend some time online, do your research, but I do empathize. It took me a long time to decide. FYI, I am very happy with my purchase so far and it very much suits my needs.

Best of Luck!!!

--Carter
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts! :) I'll check those out and start comparing.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yeah I got the Polar FT4. I don't need all the bells & whistles. I just need to be able to track my daily workouts.