walking for thoughts

Options
peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
Wow, walking makes you think alot!! So since I am going to be doing alot of both, I thought I'd start this thread as a personal journey for myself and anyone else who wants to use it!!

So here goes; the last couple of weeks I have been feeling the depression sitting right there on the edge, this time I know it has to do with my lack of weight loss and willpower. I have never felt so big, even though there was a time that I was bigger. I have noone to blame but myself, I messed up one day and that's all it took. I have been poisoning myself with nasty foods, I had decided to give up, I thought, here we go again, sulking, feeling sorry for myself and just plain feeling crappy. Eating whatever made me feel better for about 5 minutes. Spending money that I don't have on clothes, thinking that if I looked good in something, that it would make everything alright. Degrading myself everyday, and making my husband furious by calling myself names like pig, whale, fat etc......

Well, this morning I woke up and the sun is shining, which started me out on this journey, if you will, I got up, put on my workout clothes, and got out there in the sunshine. My new workout is awesome, I loved it, it was good for the body and soul. I went for a very brisk walk to this hill, where there is a set of stairs going up, then on the other side there is a steep hill. So I ran up the stairs, back down the stairs, walked over to the hill, jogged up the hill then back down, walked back over to the stairs and repeat. I did this about 10 times, then headed back home with a very brisk walk. I took the long way both times, no shortcuts for me anymore. The whole workout took about 45 minutes. This afternoon, I'll take the baby out in the stroller for a 30 minute brisk walk. And after supper I'll go for a 30 minute walk with the family for a leisurely walk.

Usually I would have been embarrassed to accomplish something like this, because the location is in a pretty public area, but me and embarrassment had a chat and I told him to screw off!! I actually kinda like the idea of it being in the public, for my neighbours amusement, because I'm going to show them all. Very soon the flab they are watching jiggle on my rear end is going to fade and fade until there is no more lol!!! I know when you start out trying to make improvements for yourself, you should do it for you! I have a hard time doing that. So this way, I have something to prove to these people who are going to be watching me progress, I can't just stop, so these people are thinking, oh, she must have gave up again. Instead they will be thinking, man, that girl has alot of drive!!

The ironic thing is this hill is right beside a restaurant, where people are looking out at me working my butt off, while they are scarfing down their greasy eggs, homefries and bacon lol!!

Anyway, this concludes what I thought about today!! I am going to try harder than ever to start everyday out with this positive attitude, and end everyday on the same note!!

Important side note: sunblock, shades and water!!!!!!

Replies

• peej76
    Options
    Wow, walking makes you think alot!! So since I am going to be doing alot of both, I thought I'd start this thread as a personal journey for myself and anyone else who wants to use it!!

So here goes; the last couple of weeks I have been feeling the depression sitting right there on the edge, this time I know it has to do with my lack of weight loss and willpower. I have never felt so big, even though there was a time that I was bigger. I have noone to blame but myself, I messed up one day and that's all it took. I have been poisoning myself with nasty foods, I had decided to give up, I thought, here we go again, sulking, feeling sorry for myself and just plain feeling crappy. Eating whatever made me feel better for about 5 minutes. Spending money that I don't have on clothes, thinking that if I looked good in something, that it would make everything alright. Degrading myself everyday, and making my husband furious by calling myself names like pig, whale, fat etc......

Well, this morning I woke up and the sun is shining, which started me out on this journey, if you will, I got up, put on my workout clothes, and got out there in the sunshine. My new workout is awesome, I loved it, it was good for the body and soul. I went for a very brisk walk to this hill, where there is a set of stairs going up, then on the other side there is a steep hill. So I ran up the stairs, back down the stairs, walked over to the hill, jogged up the hill then back down, walked back over to the stairs and repeat. I did this about 10 times, then headed back home with a very brisk walk. I took the long way both times, no shortcuts for me anymore. The whole workout took about 45 minutes. This afternoon, I'll take the baby out in the stroller for a 30 minute brisk walk. And after supper I'll go for a 30 minute walk with the family for a leisurely walk.

Usually I would have been embarrassed to accomplish something like this, because the location is in a pretty public area, but me and embarrassment had a chat and I told him to screw off!! I actually kinda like the idea of it being in the public, for my neighbours amusement, because I'm going to show them all. Very soon the flab they are watching jiggle on my rear end is going to fade and fade until there is no more lol!!! I know when you start out trying to make improvements for yourself, you should do it for you! I have a hard time doing that. So this way, I have something to prove to these people who are going to be watching me progress, I can't just stop, so these people are thinking, oh, she must have gave up again. Instead they will be thinking, man, that girl has alot of drive!!

The ironic thing is this hill is right beside a restaurant, where people are looking out at me working my butt off, while they are scarfing down their greasy eggs, homefries and bacon lol!!

Anyway, this concludes what I thought about today!! I am going to try harder than ever to start everyday out with this positive attitude, and end everyday on the same note!!

Important side note: sunblock, shades and water!!!!!!
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    good for you! keep up the good work, keep the attitude positive (it always helps in the end)
  • peej76
    Options
    So this morning I woke up, it was pouring rain so I didn't get my walk in yet, I'm hoping it will clear up enough this afternoon to get out with the kids....I've got library books due today, and I really want to walk over. I did about an hour of low impact aerobics this morning instead. Of course, now that I'm done the rain is letting up a bit, it's just spitting out now. No worries, still got a workout in and it's supposed to be gorgeous, weather wise the rest of the week.

Yesterday was awesome, got all three walks in just as I had planned it, and ate all of my allowed calories, didn't eat any junk, so I ended the day on a great note. I had a relaxed, not uptight attitude throughout the day, and it's amazing how much happier I was when I wasn't stressing over every little thing.

If the rain stops, I will definitley get a walk in this afternoon, and my son has t-ball tonight so I'll aim to get to the park early, have my evening walk there with the kids.

Important side note: Do not let the gloomy weather get me down!!
  • peej76
    Options
    I ended up getting a couple of walks in yesterday morning I was pretty happy with how the day ended! Today is another gloomy looking day, don't know what happened to all the sunshine we were supposed to get this week, hopefully it's being saved up for the weekend!

So I saw a few things on my walk today, living in the country is just another reason why it's so great to get these walks in. Everything I see today is reminding me of babies!! First there was the baby blue robins eggs, then the little line of baby geese. I am a little nostalgic today, my middle child will be 6 years old as of 4:00 this afternoon! So I stopped for awhile to watch how the mommy geese tend to their young. The babies clumsily walked around exploring, and I couldn't help but think they will soon spread their wings and fly.

I left the mommies to tend to their little ones, and continued on my way. The next thing I saw saddened and disgusted me. Garbage litters these county roads, things such as cigarette packages, beer cans, fast food wrappers (even though we live about 20-30 minutes away from the closest fast food retaurant), pop bottles, a dirty diaper, you get the point I'm sure. And you can damn well bet that this is coming from those of us who are old enough to know better. It just makes me so mad the way we take care of our homes. I'm going to round up some neighbours and get this cleaned up, even if it's just me and my family. I understand not wanting your car piling up with garbage, but how hard is it to wait until you get where you are going? Everywhere has garbage and recycling cans in this day and age!!

Anyway, that was my walk today, hopefully the rain holds off so I can get to it again later on!!
  • peej76
    Options
    Well, today I didn't get my major workout in, my hubby had a consult with the doctor (hehehe) so he had to leave extra early for work today, so I had noone to watch the kids. I'm heading out for a leisure walk in a few minutes with the baby and my 6 year old. This afternoon my 6 year old is leaving us, he gets to go with grandma to pick out his birthday present, so I'll get a brisk walk in with the baby and stroller then. And tonight I'll make time to get out with the whole family.

Sorry for bumping this up to the top every day, but it is really helping me to stay on track this time (only the 4th day but.....) No screw ups yet, except for the scoop of ice cream I had last night for my sons birthday, and I will give myself a cheat day sometime this weekend....mmmmm need chocolate lol!!
  • peej76
    Options
    Today was great!!! I had more energy than I've had all week, forcing me to push my limits, there was that other little factor as well, I had something to prove!! Will post that elsewhere as I need some advice on what to do about it!

Against my better judgement, I weighed myself this morning and was amazed when the scale read that I had dropped three pounds whoo hoo!! Very motivating!!

Next weeks goal: As a lack of confidence I noticed that I always walk with my head down, next week I am going to hold my head high and gain some confidence and be proud of my accomplishments!!!

Important side note: Sunblock sunblock sunblock!!!
  • peej76
    Options
    I haven't wrote in awhile, but I've been keeping up on my walks, I haven't been getting my main workout in much over the last couple of weeks because of errands, or my husband going into work early! But, I have for the majority still been getting in my afternoon and evening walks! This morning I woke in a bad mood, and was also sick, so I was going to ditch my workout all together. Then I stepped on the scale only to notice I had dropped 5 lbs. It gave me a new motivation! Tyson wanted his dad to play ball hockey with him this morning, so I decided just to go for a long walk, and get the baby out of their hair! I found two walking trails, and hope to try them out sometime this week! I was pretty excited about that, and tried to follow them by the road just to see how far they went, but it was near impossible, so I'll check them out!

I did alot of soul searching today on my walk, and still have more to do, I have a decision to make that will effect the lives of my family members regardless of what I choose, so pray that God will give me strength and wisdom to make the right one!

I panicked a little on the way home, I had to be home by 10:30, so my husband could leave for work on time, but when I looked at my watch I found it had stopped at 9:15.....oops. it turns out I was back a half an hour before he had to leave, but it felt like I was gone longer!!

Important side note: Get watch batteries!!