Looking for healthy milk!

Options
Hi everyone, I am looking for a healthy fat free, lactose free milk! Any ideas?

Replies

• TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    It's not fat free but I do like Silk's Pure Almond Milk :)
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    i agree!
    It's not fat free but I do like Silk's Pure Almond Milk :)
  • shipthis
    Options
    Mootopia is good...it replaces a ton of the sugar with protein. I think it is pretty healthy.
  • sunset19
    sunset19 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lactaid makes a lactose free skim milk, you can also find calcium enriched. I got used to it quickly after having to switch from regular milk.
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I like the almond milk as well and hear that the mootopia is very good as well!!
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    how about soy milk?
  • Dreamingwillow
    Options
    I don't know if it's healthy, but I like Rice Dream, rice drink.
  • MindyF68
    Options
    I like silk lite it is soy milk and comes in chocolate too, it;s good.
  • katzplay62
    Options
    That would depend on what your "goal" is for consuming milk. Need calcium? Cooking ingredient? Something to wash the cookies down with? :D

I use the Lactaid milk when a recipe insists on "real" milk. I make my protein ice cream with soy milk (scored some peppermint chocolate soy milk back around xmas that makes WONDERFUL pro ice cream). I have some recipes that call specifically for almond milk. My fridge has lots of cartons in it.

I also take calcium supplements.

Kat
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    I was just asking this after trying Pure Silk Vanilla Almond Milk and falling IN LOVE!!! I was told of mfp and by my friends that Almond was best for drinking and cereal, Rice milk was good for cooking, and that I should try Some Dark Chocolate Soy milk. I have yet to try these, but can't wait.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I love the almond milk or the coconut milk... My first choice is Almond milk