Wii games

Options
I really enjoy playing Just Dance 2 on our Wii so I thought that I could also purchase other games as well to supplement my exercise. I just noticed just how many fitness games there are!

Jillian Michaels, Biggest Loser, EA Active, Wii Fit.. the list goes on and on!

Before I spend money on something I may not even like, I figured I'd ask you all what your favorite Wii fitness games where and what portion of your daily exercise it is.

Christine

Replies

• Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use all 3 of the EA Active games. They r fun and show how many calories you are burning which really motivates me. And you can burn a lot of calories doing those ones. I also have the wii fit for when I just want to have fun or need a light workout or just to switch it up a bit
  • Jennell61
    Jennell61 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like the Wii Fit games the best. There's a variety of games that work different areas of the body. I don't notice that I'm working out, only that I'm having fun.
  • panteraslave
    Options
    the dancing games will burn more calories than the sports ones and theyre much more fun.
  • jjcollins83
    Options
    iI LOVE ZUMBA FOR THE WII AND IT KILLS ALOT OF CALS
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have, Wii Active, Wii Zumba, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Biggest loser, and Wii Just Dance 2. My favorite is the Zumba and Active.
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    I have wii fit + & ea active. I like wii fit better but like them both. I have been curious about the dance games. It is good to know people enjoy them! Which dance game would you suggest to someone who is a beginner and very out of shape? What wii games are your favorites????
  • erinjoy002
    erinjoy002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit Plus, Just Dance 2, and Zumba all for the wii. I just love all 3 of them and play them all every week! I am absolutely in love with Zumba. It's an awesome workout!
  • jjcollins83
    Options
    I also just started gamefly its were you can rent game kinda like netflix so i can try out different games and if i like them i can by them for cheap or used
  • rds1978
    Options
    How do you track how many calories you burn doing the Wii Zumba?
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    Jessica Jo Game Fly is a great sugestion!!!! I want to try zumba and just dance to see if I can do them before I buy them.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I have wii fit + & ea active. I like wii fit better but like them both. I have been curious about the dance games. It is good to know people enjoy them! Which dance game would you suggest to someone who is a beginner and very out of shape? What wii games are your favorites????

I have Just Dance 2 and love it. It's alot of fun, you can definitely work up a sweat and best of all, it doesn't feel like working out!

Looking forward to trying some of the others.. thinking of getting either Zumba or Wii Fit.
  • missyj1977
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit Plus and I love it! It is my main source for working out! I wanted to get the Wii Zumba but everyone around here is sold out so I bought Dance Workout, I dont really like it too much. It starts out really fast and there is not much of a learning period on it. Good Luck!! :)
  • erinjoy002
    erinjoy002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    How do you track how many calories you burn doing the Wii Zumba?

I bought a heart rate monitor to actively track my Calories burned :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If you decide to get Wii Fit, I would suggest that you get Wii Fit Plus instead of the original. You can create personalized workouts in Plus that you couldn't do in the original, as well as using pre-made routines to target certain areas if you like. With the original, you have to choose each individual exercise one at a time, so you spend as much time picking the next activity as you do actually exercising. It was frustrating. Plus is awesome though. :)
  • tstevens20
    tstevens20 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just got Just Dance 2 and love it....it feels more like fun than working out.
  • Mgrady00
    Mgrady00 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the Jillian Michaels Ultimatium 2010 and I really like it. But now its pretty disciplined and can be hard if you like that more disciplened stuff. I have been doing it since 12-26-10 and I have lost 7 pounds total. I have lost about 9 inches all around too! There is a new game out its the 2011 version and I want it you complete like a mission to save a city and dont realize your working out.