Tired Of Being Tired

prongsgirl25
prongsgirl25 Posts: 4
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hey Im new here. My name is Siobhan I just turned 18 and really want to get healthy. I've been hevy for most of my life. Recently I have been tired, sluggish, and slow all day. I want to get my life back and feel confident in my own skin. Soo yeah thats me. :happy:

Replies

• If you are tried all the time you might have the dr check your iron level. I get low iron i get tried and groucy
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Since cutting back on caffeine, sugar and refined carbs (white pasta etc) I feel I have a lot more energy. Worth a try?
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Excessive fatigue is also a sign of diabetes and low adrenal function -- so I agree with cassidy -- if you haven't gone to the doctor lately and are tired all the time, there might be other causes than just extra weight. But losing weight is definately a positive step, and this site is very helpful to keep track of eating habits. Good luck!
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Before I started to make some major changes I felt tired and sluggish and depressed ALL of the time... I kept thinking to myself - how will I ever have the energy to work out? First thing first, check with your doctor and make sure you don't have any thyroid or other issues. You can base your plan on their findings and go from there. I started simple - I stopped eating out all of the time and started exercising. I started walking in my neighborhood and after awhile I realized that eating better and exercising increased my energy levels and the rest is history. MFP is a great tool to help you along the way. Track EVERYTHING you eat/drink, try and follow the recommendations that MFP gives you, drink a lot of water (half you weight in ounces per day) and get moving. Best of luck!
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Exercising and not undereating helped bring me back to the land of the living. Before, I was moping around dragging a leg & moaning like a zombie.
  • Thanks for the comments and support everyone. I know that I have hypothyroidism, also my mom has an iron deficiency but I havnt been checked for it. I hope you guys achive your goals also.
This discussion has been closed.