Frustrated

Options
I am about to lose it. I am literally either skiing, going to the gym and derby practice six days a week. But I am always hungry. Cannot stop eating/thinking about food.
Not only have I not lost weight; I ripped a pair of jeans today.
WTF??? HELP!

Replies

• bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    are you eating foods that are high in protein and fiber?
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? When I stop losing I stop eating them, then when I stop losing again I go back to eating them. Derby is tough, you need to eat all those calories!
  • schildysgirl
    Options
    Think..with all that you're doing..you're probably gaining A LOT of muscle..which weighs more than fat!...Keep a positive attitude..and you CAN do it! Drinks lots and lots of water..and believe it or not..that will curve your appetite and make you feel fuller longer!..i didn't believe it til I tried it ..and it works! :))
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    I am about to lose it. I am literally either skiing, going to the gym and derby practice six days a week. But I am always hungry. Cannot stop eating/thinking about food.
    Not only have I not lost weight; I ripped a pair of jeans today.
    WTF??? HELP!

Are you keeping track of your foods? 1lb = 3500 calories, so in order to lose 1 lb you need to have lost an additional 3500 calories. Make sure you keep your sodium levels down. Your body doesn't require more than 2500mg of sodium a day, and a lot of people have at least 4000mg, which is almost twice as much. Keep your sodium levels low and drink lots of water.

To ensure you're not hungry, you need to eat a balanced diet, with carbs before exercising and recovery meals which include protein withing 45 minutes after hard workouts. How many times do you eat a day? Your body will metabolize nutrients better if you eat small meals every 3 hours. Stay away from processed and artificial sugars, and limit saturated fats. Keeping track of your food is the best thing to do, and make sure to keep track of everything you eat and drink.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating ~1200 NET calories per day. If you consistently eat too low for too long your body tries to hold on to those pounds by slowing your metabolism.
  • derbygirl90
    Options
    Think..with all that you're doing..you're probably gaining A LOT of muscle..which weighs more than fat!...Keep a positive attitude..and you CAN do it! Drinks lots and lots of water..and believe it or not..that will curve your appetite and make you feel fuller longer!..i didn't believe it til I tried it ..and it works! :))

I agree, but if my fat is changing to muscle, shouldn'nt my clothes be fitting differently? I feel likey they are tight as always.