post pregnancy belly flab

Options
If anyone has any tips on how to lose the post pregnancy belly flab PLEASE tell me. Also if you are trying to do the same add me as a friend so maybe we can inspire eachother and cheer eachother on during this difficult task.

Replies

• kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Lots of cardo with core strengthening moves!
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    im also trying to get rid of the belly flab after baby. lol feel free to add me :)
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    I wish ... Ive had 3 kids and still have mine, I hope someone can help you, I too have been told Cardio!!!
  • lesley12345
    lesley12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I had my baby girl 10 months ago, and my son 3 years ago and I am still trying to get rid of the baby belly fat. I had a c-section and it seems to be a bit of a challenge to rid of it completely. But, I have to say my stomach has gone down tremendously since I started exercising regularly in August and have lost 30 lbs. Anyway, I do cardio 5 days a week and strength about 4 days a week. I do full body strength, however I do put more emphasis on my abs since this is my "target area". A lot of leg lifts, stomach crunches, ab exercise on the ball helped tone down the stomach as well as doing cardio.
    I also came to terms that my body has changed since the baby and trying to embrace my "motherly figure". But I am hoping this "motherly figure" can looking semi descent in a cute bathing suit this summer.
  • kimi233
    Options
    You can't "target" your trouble spots, and I've been told if you only do crunches, you will build muscle under the fat, and it will make you even bigger!! That's why you need to do cardio first to get rid of that layer of fat. And unfortunately your belly fat will most likely be the last place to loose!! I love doing Turbo Fire, I used to do Turbo Jam, but moved on to Turbo Fire.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have four wonderful blessings, 3 boys and 1 girl ages: 6, 4, 3, 1. There is no way to get rid of it quickly. I am losing weight and inches everywhere, however I still have a little pouch. Wish I could be of more help to you!
  • onejovaniloveu
    Options
    i have flab im working on in my abs any suggestions.:happy:
  • lesley12345
    lesley12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You can't "target" your trouble spots, and I've been told if you only do crunches, you will build muscle under the fat, and it will make you even bigger!! That's why you need to do cardio first to get rid of that layer of fat. And unfortunately your belly fat will most likely be the last place to loose!! I love doing Turbo Fire, I used to do Turbo Jam, but moved on to Turbo Fire.

I never said to "target" her trouble spots. I too suggested cardio 5 days a week and full strenght training 4 days a week, and along with that I do extra ab workouts ON TOP of my cardio and strength. Read people's posts correctly before jumping on people's advice, I never said I only do crunches, I offered various ab ideas that I do. I don't appreciate people who get all high and mighty when they don't read and get their facts straight.
    My advice was given to me by two degreed fitness trainers at my gym and various articles I read. Of course if you just target trouble spots you won't get proper results. It's important and urged to do cardio and total body circuit training. But of course on top of that if there's a spot you are trying to tone and strengthen there is nothing wrong with doing a little extra with that spot.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Absolutely do-able! :smile: I've had 3, and I can honestly say that I have better abs now than I ever did pre-kiddos. It takes time and dedication....eating right so you lose any excess weight; but especially adding weight/strength training to your fitness routine, in addition to cardio. Getting that core good and solid is very helpful! Good luck....it can and will happen for you!
  • kimi233
    Options

I never said to "target" her trouble spots. I too suggested cardio 5 days a week and full strenght training 4 days a week, and along with that I do extra ab workouts ON TOP of my cardio and strength. Read people's posts correctly before jumping on people's advice, I never said I only do crunches, I offered various ab ideas that I do. I don't appreciate people who get all high and mighty when they don't read and get their facts straight.
    My advice was given to me by two degreed fitness trainers at my gym and various articles I read. Of course if you just target trouble spots you won't get proper results. It's important and urged to do cardio and total body circuit training. But of course on top of that if there's a spot you are trying to tone and strengthen there is nothing wrong with doing a little extra with that spot.

As you have clearly stated READ PEOPLE'S POSTS!!! I HAD NO IDEA YOU HAD A POST THERE!!! And as I said to you, in your so RUDE message to me, that I would NEVER EVER talk down to some one or tell them, they need to do only what I do! I was offering advice I didn't state in my first post, THAT WAS IT!! I'm not the one acting all HIGH AND MIGHTY, I think you need to look in the mirror before jumping down people's throats for offering advice! This place is to help people and support them, not to have an attitude like you have towards me!!! Again, when I wrote my post, your post was not even on my screen yet, because I was typing my post!!!
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I agree with the core exercises and LOTS of cardio! It's the beginning of my 3rd week and I've seen a huge difference in my baby belly flab! I'll send you a request :)
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Well I just had my baby 9 weeks ago and am finally ready to get rid of all that baby fat and then some ( I was a little overweight to begin with) I am looking forward to everyone's advice and motivation. Add me if you want!!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    BTW I'm 5'4
    CW: 187
    GW: 150