Exercises to do when sick

Options
I've been nursing the same f-ing cold for over a week, so I haven't been exercising. Is there anything I can do that won't slow my healing time by exhausting me?

Replies

• Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    Go on a gentle walk for 1 hr :)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I do my regular workouts when I'm sick, but that's just me. I currently have a sinus infection & have been doing the 30 day shred for 11 days. It makes me feel better, weird, i know, hahahaha. If you're not feeling great, maybe just a brisk walk? or some crunches, pushups, squats?
  • kickboxing09
    Options
    Slow controlled stretching with some light yoga moves
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I would say as long as you can breathe ok, and don't have the "body" aches, go ahead and do your normal work out as much as you can... maybe just not give it your all like normal.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I agree with Runningmunch in regards to walking.

Try taking Zinc & Ester-C. I took both the last time I got sick and they helped me recover faster than usual.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Another vote for walking. If you have a treadmill maybe you can up the incline a little if you feel you need it. I can sometimes do my regular workouts if it is just a little cold and I do actually feel better after. I just recently got over a sinus infection and it just wiped me out! I ended up taking a day off and just resting and when I felt like I'd go crazy if I didn't do something I did a slow (3mph) walk on the treadmill. Not as intense as usual but it felt good to get moving.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Any illness above the chest does not restrict your exercising. If you have chest stomach or intestinal involvement you should rest. But if it is just your head, sinuses, nose, etc., get out there and move. I just ran 3 miles with a pocket full of tissues for my runny nose. No breathing issues or chest congestion=RUN!