almost halfway to goal weight

ruddyrunner
ruddyrunner Posts: 43
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm new here. Very tall female (6'3") in her late 20s. On these here Internets I go by the name RuddyRunner (face turns bright red with any amount of exercise). 6 months ago I started to work at losing weight. It started with a bet with my friend on fatbet.net. I didn't really have a plan at that point, just move more, eat less, and it worked quite well. About 3 months ago I started a Couch-to-5K program and will be doing my very first 5K this coming weekend. When I started that, I began exercising ~6 days/week (jogging, swimming, elliptical, weight machines). Then the pounds started really coming off.
Right now I've lost just over 50 pounds and am thrilled. I want to continue to lose weight to get to my goal weight (65 pounds away) and hopefully improve my running abilities. I'm in a good exercise routine and while I have been eating healthier and have cut out or severely reduced many of my "downfall" foods (ice cream, pizza, chocolate), I haven't really focused on nutrition. I've always heard that keeping a food journal is a good idea, so I'm going to give it a try. I already log my daily exercise on my blog, so I should be able to add this without too much trouble.

Replies

• Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Good luck at getting to your goal weight! :)
  • oneof9
    oneof9 Posts: 106 Member
    Hi there and welcome. counting what you is a very good way to help you loose the weight as well as exercising. You seem to be really doing a great job. This is a great place as well. If you ever feel down and need a boost. People here are always ready to give you a hand.
    If you can get the app for this as well. It's free and a great tool. I had it before even coming on here.
    keep it up if you want you can add me as a friend. Take care.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    welcome to the site! Wow, I'm very impressed with your progress :-) This site is amazing, enjoy! I'm also a runner, feel free to add me as a friend
This discussion has been closed.