New to MFP / 50lb goal / picky eater

Options
I am 27 years old and i have a goal of 50 lbs by May (son's 9th birthday). I work a full time job and still attending school full time as well. Always on the go. veggies and some fruits are not my friends. :) I am a picky eater but in the past few weeks have opened but to trying new things.

Any advice or motivation would be greatly accepted and appreciated. Looking forward to completing my new challenge

Replies

• megano_d
    Options
    To be honest, I think if we all could have our way we'd be picky eaters. :-) Unfortunately, the foods our body needs are not always the ones we enjoy. I, for one, dont love most vegetables but eat them because its the right thing to do.

50 pounds by May is aggressive. To do that properly, you are going to need to have a low caloric intake which means that in order to remain healthy you are going to need to get your nutrients from food you might not like. Time to find spices you love!

And as you get older, your taste buds change (as does your attitude about eating things you dont like.) You can do it. Keep experimenting til you find a way to eat healthy and enjoy it!