I got a question?

Cindigirl
Cindigirl Posts: 7
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Is it best to work out early in the day or before bed after you have eaten all day?

Replies

• Any time you fit in exercise is a good time....there isn't any big difference with morning vs evening :)
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    I was wondering the same...

Normally I work out in the AM but if I miss it, that's usually it for the day. I get home so late in the day that I can't fathom exercising after work.. exhausting just thinking about it. Wondered how others get around that so they can fit in a workout.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    I like working out early, plus it seems to give me energy to make it through the day.
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    I prefer cardio in the morning because I haven't eaten anything yet and feel like I can put in more effort because I don't feel as heavy. I prefer strength training about an hour after I eat a meal because once I have some food in me it makes me feel strong. :D
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    My favorite time to work out is on my lunch break (I work on a college campus where I can use the gym and pool.) Despite many attempts, I am just not a morning-workout kinda gal, but when I work out mid-day, I feel I have so much energy all afernoon. If I can't do lunch, then right after work and before dinner is my second choice
  • Anytime you can workout is great. However, it is a wonderful idea to do a quick 15 to 30 min cardio workout almost as soon as you wake up. There is an undeniable link between exercising soon after waking and a boosted metabolism especially when combined with eating a breakfast with a decent amount of complex carbohydrates. ;)

A metabolic boost in the morning is a great way to start the day. Just don't overdo it.

A metabolic boost about an hour before bed is a great way to end the day. Again, don't overdo it, and you won't even really need to hit it that hard. If you do you may not be able to get to sleep on time, and your sleep benefit may decrease which is never good when trying to lose weight.

I hope this helps you.
  • Morning is the best time to work out period.
This discussion has been closed.