Gym and Eating

Shannonk507
Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Before I post my topic, I see many posts on Zumba. Looks/sounds fun. I shal have to try it. Anyone done so? Total sidenote.

Anyways, when I get done at the gym (say today where I have 941 calories to eat and still have dinner to figure out and log), I am quite hungry. I am guessing a snack of string cheese or something with minimal cals and protein is the best bet? What insight do you have? What are your favorite after gym snacks and what are the cals with them? Thanks!

Replies

• frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Whey protein peanut butter shake.. about 300 calories. :flowerforyou:
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    You want to have something with protien after working out. String cheese it great, or a hard boiled egg, nuts, peanut butter and celery. Things like that.

I usually opt for a greek yogurt after long work outs. The non-fat versions have about 130 calories.
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    I go to zumba about 3 times a week. I love it! It is great exercise and it's so much fun!
  • I always have a protien shake after I workout also. My current fav is body fortress super advanced whey protien vanilla flavor. I usually blend some strawberries up with it too! yum! it is 140 cal per scoop w/o the strawberries
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    I usually eat half a banana on my way home, then eat dinner when I get home...it just works out like that as I go straight from work to the gym, home.
This discussion has been closed.