CalcUmlauting calories from videos?

Options
how do you calculate calories burned from exercise videos? I have a Garmin but not sure if I can use that or not. Do you also just make those "uncounted" benefits and how do you track in your exercise log?

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I track based on what the video is and how long it is. For example, if you are doing an aerobics video, log it as aerobics for say 30 minutes. I have 2 videos that are circuit training that I log under circuit training for whatever the lenght of the video is. Also, if the exercise is not in MFP's database, you can look it up elsewhere online and then enter it in your workout database. I wouldn't recommend not logging it because you risk not eating enough that way
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor. You will be very happy with it if you intend to maintain this lifestyle. But I would suggest one with a chest strap so you can see in real time your calories burning.
  • 19marie74
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor. You will be very happy with it if you intend to maintain this lifestyle. But I would suggest one with a chest strap so you can see in real time your calories burning.

Do you know of a good HRM to buy? I also have videos and want to know how many I burned. Thanks