Calories burnt with Beachbody ?

borys12
borys12 Posts: 98
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi,

I can't find the answer : how many calories is burnt during various Beachbody workouts ?
I started RevAbs, and wonder what value is roughly correct.

Thanks !

Replies

• aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    i think you should invest in a calorie count/hr monitor. that's what i did when for my beachbody workouts.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Agreed on getting a heart rate monitor. You can grossly overestimate your calories burned (I did during P90X) and sabotage your weight loss.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    That's what I did as well. All of the possible entries in MFP exercise database are based on averages and not on your own personal stats so none are going to be as accurate.

Sharon
  • On average, on the cardio/plyo days its around 600 calories per day, on the weight day you burn about 450-500 thats including the ab ripper. I added running 3 miles in about 21 min to it and that helped a lot.
  • I wore a Heard Rate monitor for like a week straight and that was about the average. Then again it depends on how much you weigh already and how hard youre actually working,
  • borys12
    Thanks all,

I was thinking about decent heart rate monitor. I heard a lot pros and cons, but time to decide :).
    Which one HRM is the best in terms of money / features ? I understand that the one with
    calories is required.
  • I honestly just bought a $20 from walmart. Its pretty accurate. Ive compared it to the stuff at the gym. Dont use it for a watch though... for some reason its really doesnt keep time very well
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 581 Member
    Polar with chest strap has good reviews here on MFP.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 320 Member
    I bought a Mio Heart Rate Monitor.....It's great! No chest strap, but it has two "touch pads" you use to check your heart rate (using your first two fingers). It's easy, and sort-of medium priced....I bought the last one the store (Olympia) had of last years model, so I got it for under $50!

Using the HRM, I've found that MFP overestimates ALL of the exercise calories for me! So, all this time, I've been using higher exercise numbers than I should have been! Luckily, I rarely "eat" my exercise calories!
  • borys12
    Thank you all for advice. I was in the shop today ( discount one ), and they has heart monitor with wireless strap
    for less then 20 dollars. Last one ! Bought it, works perfectly. Just for comparing , during one workout of RevAbs
    according to HRM I burnt 350 kcal. Is it realistic ?
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    It's accurate if you had to configure the program with your height, weight, age, etc. so it's customized for your body.

Sharon
This discussion has been closed.